Optimum wool/finishing pads on BOGO

Hoytman

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on these pads, particularly the wool? Pros and cons to double sided pads vs. single sided? (Besides the obvious of having a clean side to work with.)

Was considering these for paint work, but mainly for boat work.

I'm more interested in knowing how they compare to Meg's/3M wool pads. (Low lint or not, twisted vs non twisted...yada, yada, yada. I simply don't know much about wool pads.Feed back please

Thanks in advance!

I wanna know about the double sided as well. I saw it in person and was talking to my detail supply guy and he wasn't very comfortable with the double side and the adaptor poking through and hitting the paint. Granted this was with a Buff & Shine wool pad and foam pad set up.

I think the idea behind having a clean side readily accessable is great, I just want to hear from other people that it works and its safe.

The wool works GREAT with Hyper Compound and the red foam works great with Hyper Polish. There is NO danger of the adapter making contact with the paint unless you deliberately place the center of the pad on a sharp corner and apply a crazy amount of pressure. Even then, the metal doesn't protrude beyond the backing plate material. These were our original rotary pad set for the Hyper Sprays...they just got overshadowed by the Microfiber system since you can use it with all machines. I'm sure we can arrange a test drive at Detail Fest if you guys make it.

And...the dual sided adapter can be used with any rotary backing plate to give you a little more clearance in tight areas.

Back