Griot's Car Care @ Advance Auto Parts

_Raven

Reaction score
So I went to AAP today to get some hydraulic jack oil, and decided to do the usual "What Else Can I Buy" walk-around... Found this display just calling my name:

View attachment 10885

Sweet jeebus! The back side of the display had an assortment of their MF towels, and detail sponges. I walked out with a 3 pack of their MF spray-on towels, a wheel cleaning tool kit, and some detail sponges.

My buddies there couldn't say for certain if other stores in the area (Colorado Springs, Co) received this display, but it seems to be a corporate move. It had been there for about three days.

-Chris

Advance Auto has been carrying Griot's products for some months now...I guess it's been a regional thing as not all their stores were stocking at the same time. I'm glad to see their stuff going mainstream in the market.

Unless you need something right away, it's probably still cheaper to buy through Autogeek with your forum discount and even through Griot's right now with free shipping on orders over $25.

My local Advanced Auto has the same display right up by the registers. Good to know I can get some quality MF towels and mitts and products in general if I need it.

Well, that's good to know that they've been distributed in other areas for sure. Colorado Springs has always been a "source from online" kind of place. Not much selection in the stores around here. I was just happy to get my hands on some good MF towels locally hehe.

I did note that the prices were full retail, so I completely agree that online is typically the way to go.

Yes my local advanced store has been carrying Griot and especially mother products for years now. How much did you spend on your MF towels?

Yes my local advanced store has been carrying Griot and especially mother products for years now. How much did you spend on your MF towels?

I ended up paying $16 \ 3 pack. 5% store discount just about covers local tax.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

AG sold Surf City products till they sold them at auto parts stores. Maybe the internet stores cannot do the volume that a brick and mortar store can do.

So you're afraid AG will stop selling Griot's? Maybe AG made the decision to not carry Surf City any more because they weren't selling any because people could get it OTC. It looks like Advanced is carrying a much smaller portion of the line than AG.

Exactly!
So you're afraid AG will stop selling Griot's? Maybe AG made the decision to not carry Surf City any more because they weren't selling any because people could get it OTC. It looks like Advanced is carrying a much smaller portion of the line than AG.

They more or said that a while back. Several years ago AG had a much smaller space and often drop slower moving brands to get faster moving ones.

You may be right Al, but if Blackfire could be bought at Advance Auto Parts or Walmart, do you think the average guy would buy it from AG and pay the freight? If that happened Blackfire would be a slow moving product for AG.
They more or said that a while back. Several years ago AG had a much smaller space and often drop slower moving brands to get faster moving ones.

Yup, one in houston have GG stuff near the front of the store. No DA machine in sight though =(

Blackfire might be a bad example as AG owns the rights. Let's use Chemical Guys as an example.

The interior cleaner is great if you have customers sensitive to chemical scents and the wax removal towels are my absolute favorite when it comes to removing Meg's D300 or Optimum Hyper Spray Polish, the Car Wash is a great product and dilutes 1oz/2 gal of water. I'm still in the process of using all my Griot's stuff. Oh, Spray On Wax smells delicious and leaves a deep, rich finish but don't expect crazy longevity, still a nice product though.

Just saw griots in san antonio. Are there microfiber products any good?

I've always thought GG products were overrated/overpriced. Just my $.02

I checked the Griot's "where to buy" link on their site and none of the stores in my local PA/NJ area were listed. Tons of other Advanced stores were on there in other states.

Back