Blacklight/V7 combo with 1Z Glanz?

Vdub

Reaction score
I've been reading all the hype about the hybrid radiant finish combo from CG but many say the beading sucks. I know beading isn't everything but what about putting a coat of Glanz on after Blacklight and before V7? From personal use I've found it to give both gloss and durability, and I know many people swear by it. It might b a little overkill but any thoughts on this?

I would feel like it would be defeating the purpose of the of the Blacklight/V7.

Personally at least, while it does kill the hybrid/v7 combo, I've personally never felt the V7 was on the same level of a spray wax in terms of durability, where a spray wax can technically be used independently as a pure LSP and still last a respectable amount of time, whereas the V7 was more of maintenance/boosting; didn't have enough longevity to last me too long on its own, but great for boosting the durability of other waxes I've put under it.

Personally at least, while it does kill the hybrid/v7 combo, I've personally never felt the V7 was on the same level of a spray wax in terms of durability, where a spray wax can technically be used independently as a pure LSP and still last a respectable amount of time, whereas the V7 was more of maintenance/boosting; didn't have enough longevity to last me too long on its own, but great for boosting the durability of other waxes I've put under it.

I don't think any spray wax or sealant is a good standalone LSP. IME they pretty much all just boost the LSP and add some gloss. Of couse I'm not including actual spay sealants like BlackFire Crystal Seal.

the CG products play very well with each other...Blacklight topped with V7 is really taking it to another level....why would you want to take away from that? I think CG's strenth is in their LSP products.

I don't like mixing different manufacturer's products after the polishing stage....I think in the long run its best to stick with one line of products when it comes to putting on sealants and waxes (and spray products as toppers).

the CG products play very well with each other...Blacklight topped with V7 is really taking it to another level....why would you want to take away from that? I think CG's strenth is in their LSP products.

I don't like mixing different manufacturer's products after the polishing stage....I think in the long run its best to stick with one line of products when it comes to putting on sealants and waxes (and spray products as toppers).

It was just a thought, to add some more durability. True a company's line of products are made to work with each other but I've found lately that using menzerna finishing glaze with Glanz produces a nice shine with a few months of protection.

Are there any other combos that can beat Blacklight and V7 on both durability and gloss?

When I get the time, I'm doing the Black Light topped with Pete's 53 carnuba, and of course the V7 to round it off.

The paint needs some correction first, I'm waiting until I can afford to leave it in the garage for 2-3 days and work on it in the evenings.

I don't think any spray wax or sealant is a good standalone LSP. IME they pretty much all just boost the LSP and add some gloss. Of couse I'm not including actual spay sealants like BlackFire Crystal Seal.

Personally I don't use spray waxes as stand alone LSPs; I maintain the same opinion as you in terms of simply used for boosting. However I do know there are a few people who don't feel that way though. Personally, I still don't think blacklight/v7 doesn't create enough protection; V7 simply doesn't last long enough for a non-frequent (read: once every 2-3 weeks) detailer

Back