Sunshades...still necessary?

Memphis_Blue

Reaction score
Just curious...

I've always been petrified of a sun-dried, cracked dashboard, and as such, have always put up a sunshade - at the house, at work, at Wal-Mart, etc. (and I live in Memphis, not Phoenix or somewhere where the climate requires a shade)

Wondering how many of you feel the same way and/or compulsively throw-up the sunshade whenever the vehicle is parked?

on another forum I frequent there are some model years that the dash gets sticky and literally melts in some hot environments.

having a black car I always make sure I use my sunshade when I have to park in the sun.

I still use my sunshade when I'm going to be parked for more than a few minutes. It's a habit now. The sun is still the sun, and UV rays are damaging...I figure why not.

Anytime my car is parked outside the sunshide is put up regardless of the weather outside. Sunroof is also put in the vent position.

Being in CA I've been using sunshades for yrs and yrs.

I also use a sunshade regardless of weather. I hear that clouds only block like 20% of UV rays or something like that so I use the shade even on cloudy or rainy days. I still always use protectant on my dash but I like to use the sunshade as well.

In New England I'll start using them toward the end of April right through September....

All the time. In all of our cars. I also have the windows tinted so that more of the UV rays are blocked that way as well..

Back