Can you guys review my big order and if "I have chosen wisely" (Indian Jones ftw :) )

Grifftech

Reaction score
Menzerna SIP - Super Intensive Polish (IS 1500)

Menzerna Final Polish (FF 3000)

Menzerna Ultimate Finish (UF 4500)

6.5 Inch Hybrid Power Finish Orange Pad x2

6.5 Inch Hybrid Power Finish White Pad x2

6.5 Inch Hybrid Power Finish Black Pad x2

Cobra Microfiber 6.5 inch Bonnets 2 Pack x2

Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Conditioner

Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent Concentrate 32 oz.

Detailer's Pro Series Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

Cobra Detailing Brush Kit

Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel 32 oz.

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 32 oz

Diamondite Bug Eraser Combo

303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz

BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush

Daytona Speed Master Jr. Wheel Brush

Leatherique 32 oz. Kit

The Guzzler Waffle Weave by Cobra 16 x 24 x3

Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel 3 Pack x 2

Thanks,
Chris

No buffer too even though you have the hybrid pads?

I like your polish and pad selection.

I already have Blackfire Wet Diamond, Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba and a Meguair's DA Polisher. I also have some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and SwirlX but I am wanting to try better products in the Menzerna

This is what I currently have and I am looking to supplement or replace stuff

Wash products
· Two 5 gallon buckets with grit guards
· Meguiar’s Microfiber Wash Mitt
· Some off brand wash mitt for tires
· Blackfire Foam Master
· Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
· Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo

Drying products
· Meguiar’s Water Magnet Microfiber Towel

Prep and Polishing Products
· Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Mild Detailing Clay
· Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound (If needed)
· Meguiar’s SwirlX (if needed)
· Meguiar’s Deep Crystal System Polish
· Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish

Sealant and Wax Products
· Meguiar’s #7 Show Car Glaze
· Blackfire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant (Love this!!)
· Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
· Meguiar’s Gold Class Liquid Carnauba Wax
· Meguiar’s NXT Wax
· Meguiar’s DA Polisher
· Assortment of Meguiar’s DA Foam Pads
· Lake County Yellow Jewelling Foam Pad
· Meguiar’s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels

Assorted Products
· Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Shine

I would drop the 6.5 pads down to 5.5 and get a 5.5 backing plate. From what I've read 5.5's work better with the PC style DAs.

There's also a kit here on AG that gets you both Daytona brushes for cheaper.

Based on the fact that you have a Meguair's DA , I would suggest going with 5.5" LC FLat -or- Hydro Pads. The 5.5 size I feel will much better for you.

I wouldn't waste your money on Diamondite Bug Eraser Combo. A strong soap solution or APC will accomplish the same thing for cheaper.

The choice of Menzerna polishes is personal preference. But you can get the same or better from Megs 105/205.

I would drop the 6.5 pads down to 5.5 and get a 5.5 backing plate. From what I've read 5.5's work better with the PC style DAs.

There's also a kit here on AG that gets you both Daytona brushes for cheaper.

I read somewhere on here in a thread about them that since they have the beveled sides that they work well with my polisher and I don't need a 5.5" pad. I will look for the thread, either Nick or The Pad Man said something about it

no get 5.5" It will bog down to easy with any 6.5" pad due to the mass of the pad being rotated. I would get the Hydrotech 5.5 low profile..they are the only foam pads I use and work well.

I read somewhere on here in a thread about them that since they have the beveled sides that they work well with my polisher and I don't need a 5.5" pad. I will look for the thread, either Nick or The Pad Man said something about it

I am sure they will work ( fit ) but if you get into any serious defect removal and need to work on a spot, the 5.5" flat pads will get the job done better. This is in terms of a cutting or polishing pad.
Finishing pads, the 5.5" is better for getting around objects ( mirrors, spoilers, etc ) , but a 6.5" will do the same job.

I never reached the full potential of the 6.5" on my 7424, but they did the job on the Makita and now the flex just fine.

The ONR, at the very least get a 32 oz bottle to try.
I would suggest not wasting your time with this small of a bottle, but if you want to try it first, 32 oz would be good.
I use Nick's ( ? ) thread on making a spray bottle of ONR presoak, and use a double mist sprayer on it.

Wheels, I got hooked on the PB Spray and rinse wheel cleaner. Works great. I also use the PB Bug Squash mixed @ 3:1 for general use, and straight for really bad stuff.

I don't know the next time I am going to be down your way to offer up a few oz to try a wash on your car.

Hi Chris, you probably already have this in mind, but just in case...
  1. How will you apply the Leatherique products? I ordered the finger foam pads, have not tried them yet...
  2. Wheel cleaning, and perhaps sealing/waxing them? I recently read an article on AG that explains it is important to find out whether your wheels are clear coated before selecting a product. It said many wheel cleaning products can be harmful on clear coated wheels. Supposedly P21 wheel products are OK for clear coat wheels. As far as protecting them, [email protected] suggested using BF Crystal Sealant or a Collinite Wax in a recent thread he created when he introduced the BF products.
  3. Consider ordering the large drying towels. I use 2 of the largest waffle weave microfibre drying towels during a washing. I have dedicated one towel to the low parts of the car. I plan to order a third towel, so I can have a second available in case I drop/drag the good one during a washing. (Also good for a second car washing.) btw, I'm glad I had two drying towels to do apply the ONR. The first towel would have been pretty damp by the time I finished blotting the whole car.
  4. What are you using to clean the interior vinyl and rubber? How about Carpet cleaning? Could need a brush for carpet.
  5. I like a small duster to quick dust the interior.
  6. Quick detailer product, for in between washes?
PS I think you'll like the ONR product. It does a great job of cleaning -- the car sparkles after! I also noticed that it left less on the glass and mirrors, esp if you towel dry the glass. Also, it worked great on cleaning the metal trim I have in the interior, with no streaking.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Hi Chris, you probably already have this in mind, but just in case...
  1. How will you apply the Leatherique products? I ordered the finger foam pads, have not tried them yet...
  2. Wheel cleaning, and perhaps sealing/waxing them? I recently read an article on AG that explains it is important to find out whether your wheels are clear coated before selecting a product. It said many wheel cleaning products can be harmful on clear coated wheels. Supposedly P21 wheel products are OK for clear coat wheels. As far as protecting them, [email protected] suggested using BF Crystal Sealant or a Collinite Wax in a recent thread he created when he introduced the BF products.
  3. Consider ordering the large drying towels. I use 2 of the largest waffle weave microfibre drying towels during a washing. I have dedicated one towel to the low parts of the car. I plan to order a third towel, so I can have a second available in case I drop/drag the good one during a washing. (Also good for a second car washing.) btw, I'm glad I had two drying towels to do apply the ONR. The first towel would have been pretty damp by the time I finished blotting the whole car.
  4. What are you using to clean the interior vinyl and rubber? How about Carpet cleaning? Could need a brush for carpet.
  5. I like a small duster to quick dust the interior.
  6. Quick detailer product, for in between washes?
PS I think you'll like the ONR product. It does a great job of cleaning -- the car sparkles after! I also noticed that it left less on the glass and mirrors, esp if you towel dry the glass. Also, it worked great on cleaning the metal trim I have in the interior, with no streaking.
Hope this helps.
Jim

Great info!!

ANd same goes for everyone else, seems I will be tweaking my order :)

Back