Can anyone explain surburf pads

Motogoon

Reaction score
Hey guys I know prob a dumb question but I put these in my cart every order than remove them because I really can't justify or figure out what they do. What the diff from say a LC flat pad ?

Hey guys I know prob a dumb question but I put these in my cart every order than remove them because I really can't justify or figure out what they do. What the diff from say a LC flat pad ?

They were originally designed to polish wood. Kevin Brown is the first person I ever heard mentioning them for polishing cars. The trick with these pads is to apply very little pressure so you don't flatten the fingers

They'll remove more defects then any foam pad using a DA

Timmy and Flash are right on. Quick correction with the DA. I don't use them on every job but when I need to blast out some swirls in a hurry I reach for them. Great pads!

great sounds like ill finally order some

I used them with my PC on a swirled up black pt cruiser. They worked great with Menz super intensive polish and then followed up with m205 on a white LC flat

They are great for restoring headlights. Finished headlights today, after sanding with 1500 only needed surburf to bring back the clearitiy.

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier with the results from Surburf pads with headlights. Also great with leveling scratch out and removing heavy swirls.

IMG_8642.jpg

IMG_8645.jpg

couldn't agree with you more with the surbufs on headlights, i've had great results as well...

Wow, a lot of info in this tread. Didn't know that surbuf pads are so aggressive.

:dblthumb2:

nice. what steps did you use? did you use a DA

I gave quick rinse with headlights. Taped around the lights. Then I sanded the area down with 1500 grit sand paper. I went with M105 with Surburf and worked the product in. Then wiped down area with MF. I'm going put this finish it off today with headlight sealant.

Back