Help removing stains on dash

kydsid

Reaction score
I have a 2010 F150 that I have primarily taken to a local car wash the last year, I know I know but I just didnt have the time to do it myself. About a month ago I noticed stains on the light grey trim panels on the dash. It looks like buildup from whatever crap is all over the towels they are using car after car and/or the spray (Armorall?) they are sparying as protectant on the dash.

I did a search on here for cleaning and followed a couple tips. Went through several cleaners and stopped after everything I had didn't even make a dent in the stains. I used isopropyl alcohol, Meqs car wash soap, windex, and Stoners invisible glass. I guess I need to buy a specialty product at this point.

Anyone have any idea for a product that will clean the hard plastic dash trim panels?

IMAG0146 by kydsid, on Flickr

IMAG0145 by kydsid, on Flickr

I'd hit it with a diluted mix of your preferred APC (all purpose cleaner). Im not sure a regular interior cleaning product would get rid of a stain like tht, hence why i suggested a APC.

Thanks for the quick replies. I had asked this question at two car forums and have 0 responses.

I agree ^

You might try a mild compound if the APC doesn't work. If nothing works consider a woodgrain kit

2010 Ford F-150 Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

You could also try to convince the car wash owner to buy you new panels

Replacement panels may not be a bad idea. Not too exspensive.

As for the car wash; it's a coporate place that I was always paying for detailing at and the last few times I didn't and got the regular wash. I certainly got what I paid for but battling a coporation to replace the panels probably isn't worth it.

Back