sonax wheel cleaner

SON1C

Reaction score
What do you think about it? Is it worth the money? right now mothers is my wheel and tire cleaner

I liked it, but my go to wheel cleaner is CG Diablo Wheel Gel

why do you like cg diablo wheel gel better? most of what I use is cg but I've never tried that

One of the main reasons is the smell. The Sonax is harsh. The Chemical Guys smells great and can be diluted to various ratios. I used it a few weeks ago on a car that hadn't been washed in a year, and it powered through the wheels. The person was more impressed with the wheels then the entire car. I find you truly get more bang for your buck.

I use CG Diablo as well but also have the Sonax just in case if my wheels ever get really really dirty.

I love it, but be prepared for the smell and fumes, stay away from hot wheels and brakes.

My bottle of Sonax is from 2010 and it smells like perm in a salon. Is the smell still the same?

Sonax was subpar to me. It is very OVERrated IMHO. I was hesitant to buy a bottle of it because of the hype, so my buddy, Dave, sent me a bottle to try. I tested it out and I am glad that I never bought it. There are much better cleaners out there that are way cheaper and work better. I feel that it is just hyped up because of the so called "Iron removers" in it. Isn't that what every other wheel cleaner is designed to break up?? They're just not cool and don't turn purple.

Sonax was subpar to me. It is very OVERrated IMHO. I was hesitant to buy a bottle of it because of the hype, so my buddy, Dave, sent me a bottle to try. I tested it out and I am glad that I never bought it. There are much better cleaners out there that are way cheaper and work better. I feel that it is just hyped up because of the so called "Iron removers" in it. Isn't that what every other wheel cleaner is designed to break up?? They're just not cool and don't turn purple.

+1

Sonax is way over hyped. Stick to mothers as it's a very good general wheel cleaner. Mothers cleans just as well as sonax, imo.

+1

Sonax is way over hyped. Stick to mothers as it's a very good general wheel cleaner. Mothers cleans just as well as sonax, imo.
That's one of my favorites too. :props: Along with brown royal and if it's really light, Griot's.

my go to is eagle one wheel & tire cleaner followed by mothers. both very good at what they do.

Sonax is overhyped and overpriced. It does work, but there are much better products out there for cheaper. Autoglym Cwc is the best wheel cleaner I have used. $35 for a gallon and it cleans tires too! Can't be beat!

I have never used Sonax, but it is very expensive and from what I have seen on this forum, it cleans very, very well. I just bought a gallon of Griot's HD wheel cleaner and it cleans very well too but it is also expensive. I really do like the product, except for the cost. Since I have to agitate, regardless of what I buy, I might just go back to Eagle One.

I bought some of the P21S stuff because it doesnt smell like chemicals and I heard it was pH balanced without the harsh acid. That stuff is expensive but I bought it because its safe to use on any wheel as it contains no acid. I use it on alloys and Chrome escalade wheels and the dirt just rolls off. Combine it with a wheel brush and everything from the oldest stubborn dust rolls off!!!

PS used to use the stuff that smelled like perm solution and it ate thru the clearcoat on wifes wheels now some portions of her rim look very dull.

Last edited:
I think Sonax is a little bit expensive, I use Autoglym CWC, about 40cdn per 5L. You can dilute it 1:1 and it is still very effective to clean wheel and tire. You will see brown stuff coming off your tires.

The regular foaming wheel cleaner. I personally use ag cwc but mothers foaming is a good otc alternative to it.

Back