optimum

StephenK

Reaction score
how good is Poli Seal as a LSP? and with it being an AIO does it still have the same 12-24 cure time as other sealants? dose anyone know if there is any bonding problems between Poli Seal and nuba's? has anyone used optimum wax?

detailgod said:
how good is Poli Seal as a LSP? and with it being an AIO does it still have the same 12-24 cure time as other sealants? dose anyone know if there is any bonding problems between Poli Seal and nuba's? has anyone used optimum wax?
I have used OPS as my LSP and it worked great. As far as cure time, I always tell my customers to try and keep the the car from getting wet for 24 hours, just to be safe. I rarely get request to top with nuba so I couldn't tell you.

And I used OCW today on a silver camry and it came out beautifully. It does awesome on cars with flakes so it worked well on the camry. I really like this product because you can spray it directly on the polish residue and buff to a shine...two birds with one stone so to speak.

But that is just my .02 cents...other might not agree

Rob

[quick edit] below is a pic of the camry's trunk. it is off my cell phone cam so sorry if quality is bad.

Image038.jpg

Last edited:
nice product, relatively fast drying, and a hybrid meaning you can top with either a carnauba or sealant as desired. Have found seem a spray like Souveran Spray Wax all thats needed.

From my understanding Poly seal is a fast drying /curing product..sorta like AIO and can be topped after application ..it does contain some carnauba so topping with a wax is no problem..

I was a big fan of the Klasse Twin and still am ..but I topped AIO with SG after the wipe down of AIO and never seen any problem ...so if poly seal is the same..you should be fine...

I have used OPT OCW and it is a good product but does not do well in the New England weather..it is short lived here ...I bought the Spray Sov and tested it on my hood after a wash and find it much better in LOOKS ..After I used it and it snowed twice and a ice storm and was covered in salt..I washed it and it looks as good as the day I used it..been 3 weeks...OCW would of failed with that...salt kills OCW...Spray Sov shrugs it off..

Spray Sov is by far the best spray carnauba wax I have used...retains its looks and survives harsh conditions..

so now my 2 favorite sprays are

for a spray sealant = AW

for a spray wax = Spray Sov

I may take a 4 oz sprayer and mix 50/50 Spray Sov and AW and see what I get...may be the best of both worlds....may even polycharge it

AL

OPS will last easily 2 months by itself. I even have one car that I wash monthly that is still showing signs of it lasting 4 months.......by itself.

It does't get much easier than Souveran Spray Wax though. I've got a proven 5 weeks durability already. There is no hazing or smearing. This is even on black in full sun! My customers like to "fee" the paint and they have commented on how soft the paint is. The look is off the charts too. You can easily get 20-30 (I've done 15 cars and SUVs and still have over half left) uses out of one bottle. This and the look makes up for the cost.

what do yall think about this combo? after using the optimum compounds for correction throw down some poli seal and top that with DG 105 and maintain with DG AW?

I'd learn how OPS behaves & feels (both fresh and well-cured) then decide if you'd top it.

Back