PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good)

Pages : [1] 2 3

bigdriver4u
04-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good) (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/48290-optimum-spray-wax-uv-good.html)

I'm completely shocked that a spray wax can achieve a great shine like this opti wax. I would have argued that paste wax and buffer are the only way to go. 1

5mins or less to apply to a midsize car. WOW!!!!

Who else has found this wax to be that impressive? It's also an interesting fact that the chemist who developed this wax helped create the Clear Coat used for cars.

J

Mike Phillips
04-04-2012, 03:47 PM
See my comments on page 2 of this thread...

Beginning Clearcoat Failure (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/29197-beginning-clearcoat-failure.html)

Optimum Polymer Technologies Commercial
I wrote the script for the upcoming new commercial on our TV show, (hasn't shown yet so I can't share it yet), and before shooting it I called and asked Dr. David Ghodoussi to take and send me a picture of him looking like a chemist and doing some chemistry project in his laboratory and he sent me this picture which Yancy embedded into the commercial.

Here's the picture you'll see in the Optimum Commercial
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Dr_G.jpg

When writing the script and trying to think out,

What would spark the interest in the TV audience to actually remember the OPT website and then go to it for more information?

I thought... what would get my interest? Then used the SWAT Technique for writing copy.

My answer was first, knowing the President and CEO of OPT was a PhD Organic Chemist, who also helped to create the clear coat paints being used on modern cars today.

Here's what I wrote for the commercial you'll see in an upcoming episode...

Dr. David Ghodoussi is a PhD Organic chemist who helped create the clear coat paint technologies used on cars today.

If he can make the paint… take my word for it he’s more than qualified to make paint care products for your car’s paint.

For example, Opti-Coat II is a permanent paint coating that you can apply yourself and it won’t wear-off like normal car waxes so it will last longer and thus protect longer.

Check out OptimumCarCare.com

Behind the scenes stuff...

The commercials that are public so far are here by the way... I wrote the script for the Menzerna and the Flex Commercials... the rest were joint ventures between Matt and I and Lake Country provided the script for their commercials.

Yancy of course did all the video work...

But yeah... having a real chemist who helped create the formulas used by paint manufactures also make a protection product just makes good sense.

By the way, I think in my comments on the clear coat failure article I touch on why it's a thin liquid...

:xyxthumbs:

bigdriver4u
04-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Mike, I was in your Sunday class at Detail fest and we spoke specificly about this. I was the guy that said never to the spray wax but, then after your talk, I decided to give it a try. WOW. I'm not sure of the durability of the product vs paste, but it's worth using in the rotation.

Bryan aka Bigdriver
Superior Auto Salon
Car and Motorcycle Detailing
St. Augustine, Florida

ScottB
04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
One of my favorite sprays, especially on lighter colors and metallics.

Mobile detail
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I think its a great wax. It last fairly long and its so easy to use and thats where I think it gets some of its duribilty. People use it like a QD, so they are constantly applying it. And with how easy it is, why wouldn't you.

Dr G. being a chemist and his background pretty much seals the deal (haha get it...seals..hahaha) for me using Optimum products. I haven't really come across one that doesn't work or do what it says it will. Its been one company that you don't really hear any neg issues with. Unlike lets say CG with their crazy advertising and so so waxes and more so polishes.

Optimum keeps it simple and does what it says. I like that.

BobbyG
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
To date, Optimum Car Wax Spray is "the" Number 1 spray wax I use. There are others that are in the hunt but none achieve level of gloss and protection of Optimum Car Wax Spray..... :props:

mwoolfso
04-04-2012, 06:12 PM
To date, Optimum Car Wax Spray is "the" Number 1 spray wax I use. There are others that are in the hunt but none achieve level of gloss and protection of Optimum Car Wax Spray..... :props:

+1

Robert8194
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I now find myself using it after every wash. Great stuff.

FUNX650
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm completely shocked that a spray wax can achieve a great shine like this opti wax.
"Re: Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good)"

-I'm intrigued why the "UV-Factor" of Optimum Spray Wax wasn't addressed.
-If this product does indeed contain UVa/UVb absorbers, inhibitors, blockers, for example...Would it not, then, make this spray wax: ("Is it that good"?)...
-I'd say YES!! Even better than imagined!!

I'd really appreciate yours, or others, thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

:)

Bob

duck_commander
04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
for those of you that have used DG Aqua Wax, would you say the Optimum Spray wax is in the same durability range as AW?

swanicyouth
04-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm completely shocked that a spray wax can achieve a great shine like this opti wax. I would have argued that paste wax and buffer are the only way to go. 15mins or less to apply to a midsize car. WOW!!!! Who else has found this wax to be that impressive?. J

****funny you say that because I had the same reaction to their detail spray. The stuff goes on like liquid velvet and is by far the slickest spray anything I have ever worked with. It's just excellent IMHO. I also bought the spray wax but haven't had a chance to use it yet, as my garage is in LSP overload after detail fest.

Mike Phillips
04-05-2012, 07:31 AM
I can't wait for the commercial to air!

One of the things we show in the commercial is using Opti-Coat II

Think about it... the average person watching TV has a mental image or "anchor" in their brain that pictures applying a wax as something you do with a can of wax or a bottle of liquid wax.

In the video they're going to see a Syringe being squeezed to eject a clear liquid onto a foam pad and then applied to the paint. Together with the words my guess is the average person will perk up and take notice and that's the goal.

Actually the goal of all these commercial is to drive traffic to the sponsors website.

Anyway... that was my thinking for the Optimum commercial...

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2205_18269160.jpg

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/opti-coat-2.jpg

alko
04-05-2012, 08:21 AM
I am fairly new to spray waxes. Back when I won the "Write A Review" giveaway last year, one of the prizes included in the tote bag was the XMT 360 Spray Wax. I was absolutely FLOORED at how this product made my car look and was hooked ever since. From a trade, I received a 4oz bottle of Optimum Spray Wax and just tried it out this past weekend on my black Acura TSX and a silver RX350. This product WOWED me again. If I had to pick just one spray wax, compared to just those two mentioned, it would be the Optimum. The ONLY thing that I like better about the XMT 360 Spray Wax is that it flashes ALOT quicker than the Optimum. But as far as looks...the Optimum has a slight bit more depth and gloss. Slickness feels almost the same, but bottom line...I have a new favorite spray wax.

Chris Thomas
04-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Another interesting fact about our spray wax is that the UV protection will actually permeate into the clear and restore lasting protection when used regularly. This cumulative effect was discovered by an independent lab when we were developing the product. This is HUGE news for all concerned with premature fading and oxidation. After all, it is UV testing that car makers spend mucho dinero on each year and not how the ph balance of wash solutions affect clears.

FUNX650
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
"Re: Optimum Spray wax with UV(Is it that good)"

-I'm intrigued why the "UV-Factor" of Optimum Spray Wax wasn't addressed.
-If this product does indeed contain UVa/UVb absorbers, inhibitors, blockers, for example...Would it not, then, make this spray wax: ("Is it that good"?)...
-I'd say YES!! Even better than imagined!!

I'd really appreciate yours, or others, thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

Bob

Another interesting fact about our spray wax is that the UV protection will actually permeate into the clear and restore lasting protection when used regularly. This cumulative effect was discovered by an independent lab when we were developing the product. This is HUGE news for all concerned with premature fading and oxidation. After all, it is UV testing that car makers spend mucho dinero on each year and not how the ph balance of wash solutions affect clears.

Hi Chris...

Thanks for addressing the "UV-Factor" of the Optimum Spray Wax...It is appreciated!

What I gather from your post, then, the UV (I'm assuming both UVa/UVb) protectors are considered "absorbers'. Correct?

Bob