CG Blacklight being topped with...

OZD 35

Reaction score
I recently purchased CG Blacklight was curious if you could top it with another sealant, lets say BFWD?? I'm afaid BFWD wouldn't bond to the surface properly with Blacklight under it? Maybe I'm wrong!?

I believe you should only top blacklight with a carnauba, blacklight is a hybrid sealant

I kind of consider Blacklight as a somewhat durable glaze, and use it accordingly - top it with a sealant or wax. I only leave an LSP on the car for six weeks, so no idea whether or not it affects durability.

I top Blacklight with CG V7 and the combo is awesome.

I would do this, I can't wait to try this on some vehicles, how do you guys think this would turn out on a pewter color?

Iirc its best for black and dark colored vehicles

I would do this, I can't wait to try this on some vehicles, how do you guys think this would turn out on a pewter color?

Iirc its best for black and dark colored vehicles

IMO the combo works great for any color. I use the combo exclusively on my silver Porsche, silver Jeep and silver Acura. It adds a depth of gloss and deep rich color that you usually dont see with silver paint. Sometimes silver can be almost too bright to my eye and I like the richer look.

I top it with 845. You get the look of BL with the Protection of 845. Perfect combo

IMO if you want to use BFWD just use that or top BFWD with Midnight Sun. If you want to use BlackLight just use that or top BlackLight with V7. I guess I've just gotten used to "staying in the family"

I've topped CG Blacklight with V&, then with Dodo Juice Purple Haze, CG Pete's 53, and Zymol Carbon. All three provided excellent results, but I do believe the Carbon looked best. This was on a black Tacoma and Platinum Metallic VW Jetta Sportwagen.

dpv3wz.jpg

Another BL user...awesome...yes, you can top it with either sealant or wax. It's not bad on its own (I've got a good 3 months out of it). I would frankly just top it with V7 or Pete's 53, then V7. I'm not sure BFWD adds anything to the look. It sure won't add to the protection because the length of protection depends on the foundation sealant, not what you put on top of it.

Another BL user...awesome...yes, you can top it with either sealant or wax. It's not bad on its own (I've got a good 3 months out of it). I would frankly just top it with V7 or Pete's 53, then V7. I'm not sure BFWD adds anything to the look. It sure won't add to the protection because the length of protection depends on the foundation sealant, not what you put on top of it.

So if i have a 2 base coat of BL and top with 2 coat WG DGPS...
it will not last long?

I have read several posts about BL. Has any on come up with an answer weather a sealeant over BL is good or not? Such as BFWD or WGDGPS? Would it differ from a nuba? Would it still have that wet look of a sealant?

Isn't the V7 a spray detailer, more or less? I keep seeing the reference to "top with V7" and this is confusing to me.

Isn't the V7 a spray detailer, more or less? I keep seeing the reference to "top with V7" and this is confusing to me.

CG markets it a Quick Dealer / Spray Sealant. The latter part is what I believe people have in mind when they refer to topping with it. Check out the CG YouTube video that shows an example of BL followed by V7. Sorry I don't have the link for ya' right now....

Back