New White 2012 Mitsubishi Evolution

spardavr4

Reaction score
Hello all,

After reading through many (yet not enough) topics regarding cleaning cars, I've decided to join and ask what to do with my new car!

I just got it last Saturday, and it has been sitting in my garage until I can figure out how to clean her up!

All I have done so far is soap her down and then use Meguiar's spray on Wax.

Any suggestions on what products/ steps to use?

Car has no swirl marks. I guess I am just looking to polish, seal, and wax her up!

Any suggestions/ links to helpful topics would be great!

So far I was looking at Menzerna's Paint lock or KAIO.

For wax I was looking at collinite #845. The car is from Florida and thus hasn't seen the Winter. However, I brought her up to Massachusetts, so eventually she will see the winter.

Thanks for your help! Great community!

I dont like u and ur Evo!!
Im jk lol
Subie driver here!!

I say wash it, clay, polish, seal it with cquarts or opti coat

I dont like u and ur Evo!!
Im jk lol
Subie driver here!!

I say wash it, clay, polish, seal it with cquarts or opti coat

LOL! We can all be friends here!

By the way, I don't have access to an orbital polisher. I just have a cheap orbital from Autozone that I picked up for my older car. I would prefer to hand wax.

Klasse All In One works well by hand, and is non-abrasive so if you have no swirls to remove, this would be perfect. Top it with #845 and you'll have a very nice combo that will last for months.

Klasse All In One works well by hand, and is non-abrasive so if you have no swirls to remove, this would be perfect. Top it with #845 and you'll have a very nice combo that will last for months.

Excellent, thanks for such a fast response!

Will be ordering lots of stuff from here!

Maybe I'll post before and after pics!

Here is just wash and spray wax from 3 days ago:
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Very nice car! I would suggest a pre-wax cleaner, sealant, and top off with a wax.

Beautiful car and congrats on the purchase! While it's still new, treat the wheels with the same thing you treat your paint with so they are easy to maintain.

Nice car. I know if I had a new car I would opti coat it asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the compliments! Please feel free to leave a product recommendation!

As of now, I'm really sticking to KAIO. Not so sure about a nice wax though. Collinite seems nice, but I'd like more suggestions!

Congrats on the new car.:props: How are you liking it? I own a lancer Ralliart and love it. My dad also has a Ralliart hatch back. It sounds like your on the right track. Another I would check out is Menzerna power lock, I don't have any experience with it but hear lots of good things about it.

I absolutely love the car. Handles like it's on rails, and is a blast to drive.

I was in between Menzerna's Power Lock and KAIO. Leaning more towards KAIO since it comes out a bit cheaper :)

Nice car. I know if I had a new car I would opti coat it asap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hm, I was reading up on this product a few weeks ago. Would this replace a paint sealant? Or would it be used before sealing and waxing.

Seems relatively easy to apply.

I am really looking for A) excellent paint protection, especially here in the winter, and B) a wax that will leave my car looking very glossy (wet look).

Anyone have a suggestion on a really light clay bar?

Here are some of the products that I am deciding on. If no one has any input, I will just order one of each type and try it out to see how I like it.

Collinite #845
Menzerna Power Lock vs. KAIO
P21S shampoo and wheel cleaner
No clue on what to use for a pre-wax cleaner or maybe an ultra light polish since I can't see any swirl marks.

Okay, I'll throw a curve ball - Iron X soak, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss bath, clay, Duragloss #501 Marine Polish, followed by Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish, followed by a wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax. Treat glass with Griot's Garage Glass Sealant, wait 12 hours and top with Duragloss Aqua Wax. Treat wheels with Duragloss Marine Polish.

~Duragloss Mix~
In one bottle mix and shake well
1/2 ounce Duragloss #601 Polish Bonding Agent
2 ounces Duragloss #501 Marine Polish

In another bottle mix and shake well
2 ounces Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish

Okay, I'll throw a curve ball - Iron X soak, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss bath, clay, Duragloss #501 Marine Polish, followed by Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish, followed by a wipe down with Duragloss Aqua Wax. Treat glass with Griot's Garage Glass Sealant, wait 12 hours and top with Duragloss Aqua Wax. Treat wheels with Duragloss Marine Polish.

~Duragloss Mix~
In one bottle mix and shake well
2 ounces Duragloss #501 Marine Polish

In another bottle mix and shake well
2 ounces Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish

Wow, thanks for the input! I'll look into these also.

Edit: By the way, I also need a suggestion on keeping the exterior black trim protected. So far, all I have in mind is Aerospace 303. Not sure if you are allowed to seal/wax the trim.

Wolfgang trim sealant works excellent. I would apply Opti-coat and then for the winter apply 845. Love the ride by the way. Detailed one today for an event and also a Subaru BRZ. Enjoy!:xyxthumbs:

I would look into some Dodo Juice Light Fantastic, haven't used any but ive been reading up on this stuff for a while now an am really tempted to order even tho i just did lol. but it is awesome for light colors an metallics.

Nice car!
Dodo juice diamond white looks awesome on my pearl white, nice and bright!
Also, I think your car has a very similar brake pad compound to the Sti, and I have had really good luck with both sonax full effect as well as p21s gel. The dust is relentless! I have had good success with KAIO and he ksg on the wheels as well, helps cope with the dust levels.

Wolfgang trim sealant works excellent. I would apply Opti-coat and then for the winter apply 845. Love the ride by the way. Detailed one today for an event and also a Subaru BRZ. Enjoy!:xyxthumbs:

Excellent!

Thanks for all of the input from everyone.

I think I've decided on Menzerna Power Lock, and Collinite #845, and Wolfgang's Trim Sealant along with the P21S shampoo and wheel cleaner and a pinnacle ultra fine clay bar.

Not so sure about Opti-coat yet. Looks fantastic, but I don't know if I'm ready to spend that much on one product just yet. How hard is this thing to remove if you get a spot that is higher than the rest? I ask because I don't have access to any type of polisher. All by hand for me :)

EDIT: Also, if I end up splurging on the Opti-coat, what should the order be of application? Opti-coat, Menzerna, then #845?

well opti-coat is a permanent, so a normal sealant that would normally last 6 months would only last about 1 month on the opti-coat (a true testiment to how repellent it really is ;)) So I'm not sure if you're going to wanna put 2 different products, since it really is minimal benefit for it.
You could just end up going for 845 putting it ontop of opti-coat; it's easier to apply, cheaper, and lasts a long time; can't go wrong with it.

i've used nothing but the Duragloss products rwright stated above... Plus washing with Duragloss shampoo... Keeps my black truck looking 'wet'...

ever think of Optimum Opti-Seal? it's not a wax, but a sealant and is not permanent.

Back