Is there a Way to get me Electric Pressure Washer to Shut Off when I let go of trigger?

ShineTimeDetail

Reaction score
So I have a 1500 PSI hot water pressure washer and I wanted to see if there is a way to get the motor to shut off while I'm not using it rather than run back to my trailer each time I need to shut it off. I plan on getting a electric pump that is on demand so I want to figure a way to get the pressure washer to do the same thing. Is this possible?

Is it bad to leave a electric pump on while not using it? I know on a gas washer it is bad.

Not sure if I read this right but you are trying to do this to an electric pressure washer right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Yes but its not like one of those little electric ones you get from Walmart this is a large unit.

Does it have a pump similar to a gas model? If so you might be able to put a bypass valve from the unloader and run it to your tank. When the trigger is not pushed water is sent back to your tank to prevent overheating. So when you stop spraying the unit the motor is still cycling?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

It would be better if you contact the manufacturer.

Hot water washers are probably much different than cold water/on demand types like most electric washers.

I would not be surprised if the motor must continue running to circulate water all the time to keep the heating system from burning out.

What brand is it? I seen some of them have an auto shut off and some have an auto shut off after a certain amount of idle time, wonder if your manufacturer makes a part that would replace a part you have to do what you need???

Back