Dawn wash?

lkotsios

Reaction score
Will dawn really remove wax and sealants? What other soap will remove sealants?

Yes Dawn will remove sealants and waxes. My two favorite actual car shampoos that do the same are Citrus Wash and Gloss and Citrus Wash and Clear. These products are the same except for one having gloss enhancers and the other does not.

Dawn & Clay should be enough.
Cleaner wax can also remove old wax layer.

What sealants are you trying to remove? Several coats of Zaino would be hard to remove with Dawn.
Will dawn really remove wax and sealants? What other soap will remove sealants?

Yes Dawn will remove sealants and waxes. My two favorite actual car shampoos that do the same are Citrus Wash and Gloss and Citrus Wash and Clear. These products are the same except for one having gloss enhancers and the other does not.

how much though?

I use 1/2 to 3/4 oz. per gallon; works for me all the time. I am pretty sure I can go less than that but overdoing it has its advantages when you want to ensure you remove the protection layers.

Zanio tells you to wash with Dawn to get the old stuff of before using their product, so it must do a good job. Why spend a ton of money when there is no need.

why don't you call Sal from Zaino and ask him more about Dawn, ask him his thoughts on using it on a cured sealant ...

Back