Tire dressing question...

red91lx

Reaction score
Which tire dressings do NOT leave a glossy finish? :confused: I'm looking for as close to "natural" as possible....so the tire looks clean, not silicone shiny. Thanks!!!!

303 protectant leaves a "matte" look kinda $$ as the price went up but you may be able to find it at pepboys.

Poorboys Bold and Bright with just one application very matte.

DP's Tire Gel can leave a matt finish if wiped off after application. A tire's compound plays a major role in the sheen or shine of a product.

I like this product due to it's price, need of little product, and longevity.

wytstang said:
303 protectant leaves a "matte" look

I find that 303 is a great natural looking look to a tire. It makes it look black like it is suppose to look like.

Natural -- Poorboys Natural Look
matte --- Optimum Wheel Protectant
matte/hint of gloss --- 303 Protectant

303 is they way too go...i always endorse this product for its many uses throughout the entire car...engine dressing...interior...convertible tops....trim...tires...leaves a matte gloss if you buff it off or a shiny bling if you put it on a little heavy...

Meguiars Hyper dressing diluted 2:1 or 4:1. Works out to be MUCH cheaper than 303. One gallon makes 4 gallons of dressing for under $40!

Meguiars Hyper Dressing

Last edited:
the megs hyper dressing is pretty good...used a sample once and was impressed with the results but it faded away very quick even at full strength..

orngez said:
the megs hyper dressing is pretty good...used a sample once and was impressed with the results but it faded away very quick even at full strength..

I agree, fades kinda quick

justin30513 said:
DP's Tire Gel can leave a matt finish if wiped off after application. A tire's compound plays a major role in the sheen or shine of a product.

How did we know Justin was gonna pick DP?
hee hee
:D

justin30513 said:

I like it ok too......Pinnacle Black Onyx is a little less "greasy" though. Love them both although I would have to give the nod to Black Onyx.

BILL said:
No Touch Wet N Protect..........

This is my favorite dressing right now!

Easy to use and really goes on nice. I buy 10 cans at a time. Perfect for bulk detailing. Killer on the wells too!

I don't just use DP products...........

Just MOSTLY!

ltoman said:
How did we know Justin was gonna pick DP?
hee hee
:D

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Cuz it's the best line out there for the money.

Someone tell me different!

LOL!

No........dont't!!!!!!

justin30513 said:
Hmmmmmmmm.......

Cuz it's the best line out there for the money.

Someone tell me different!

LOL!

No........dont't!!!!!!

No, it is excellent. I like pretty much everything here - PInnacle, Xmt, Wofgang, DG, so more power to ya, detailmaster!
I just wanted to mess with ya.
Have a green beer!

:cheers:

BILL said:
No Touch Wet N Protect..........

best product for wheelwells ... noticable difference and 4 cans for 10.00 at Costgo !!! :p

justin30513 said:

Last time I used DP Gel I thought "This bottle (32 oz.) will still be around in a 100 years".

Jimmie said:
Last time I used DP Gel I thought "This bottle (32 oz.) will still be around in a 100 years".

AGREE..... meguires gel is a long standing one also as is pinnacles

I like my PBs Bold and Bright.. I put on a couple coats to get a bit more shine, but I'm sure with one coat and a good rubbing it would be matte. The shine has dissipated a bit (a couple of days over 2 weeks later with lots of driving and a bit of rain), but the tires are still dark and very clean looking.

Back