PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with swirls

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm working on a porsche and having difficult time removing swirls. Im using a gg6 with blue LC pads. My speed was at a 5 with wg swirl remover with no improvement IMO. I bumped up speed to 6 and still not liking my results. In the photo you can see the swirls. These don't look like minor swirls and don't make the oval shape as most swirls do. Any thoughts?
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefe50c8-e4d1-10ad.jpg

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 11:54 AM
I have also tried BF and WG on this car

AutowerxDetailing
04-21-2012, 12:04 PM
You need a pad with a little more cutting ability. Try using a CCS white pad with your choice of swirl remover on speed 4.5-5.5. That should polish those swirls right out.

This pad chart might be helpful.
Autogeek Buffing Pad Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buffing-pad-chart-lc.htm)

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
looks like Im up a s**t creek all I have are LC hydro pads. Also, with the dusting, can I wash the car again? I theres so much of it would be easier to just rewash car

LuxuryMobile
04-21-2012, 12:17 PM
If you are asking if you can wash the car again after you polish, the answer is of course. Just wash carefully as to not put any more swirls in the corrected paint.

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 12:28 PM
ok thanks guys

loudog2
04-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Is it marring for the blue hydro cutting pad? Did you try the hydro orange with a finishing polish or WG TSR?

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 01:22 PM
No I'm doing polish test spot right now see if its any better

BobbyG
04-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm working on a porsche and having difficult time removing swirls. Im using a gg6 with blue LC pads. My speed was at a 5 with wg swirl remover with no improvement IMO. I bumped up speed to 6 and still not liking my results. In the photo you can see the swirls. These don't look like minor swirls and don't make the oval shape as most swirls do. Any thoughts?
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefe50c8-e4d1-10ad.jpg

Lake Country Blue and Red pads have zero cutting ability. Try their Orange and then White foam pad should make a difference...

Foam Pads

To simplify pad usage, I've given a generic usage of pads and products.

Compounding

Compounds or aggressive products are generally used on firmer pads, Yellow, Orange, and Green.

Polishing

The White and Gray pads are generally used with polishes.

Sealants & Waxes

Blue and Red foam pads work nicely for applying sealants and waxes.
These are a very good choice of pads for the Porter Cable style dual action polisher..

loudog2
04-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Lake Country Blue and Red pads have zero cutting ability. Try their Orange and then White foam pad should make a difference...

Foam Pads

To simplify pad usage, I've given a generic usage of pads and products.

Compounding

Compounds or aggressive products are generally used on firmer pads, Yellow, Orange, and Green.

Polishing

The White and Gray pads are generally used with polishes.

Sealants & Waxes

Blue and Red foam pads work nicely for applying sealants and waxes.
These are a very good choice of pads for the Porter Cable style dual action polisher..
He is using the hydro pads. When he says blue it's the cyan.

BobbyG
04-21-2012, 04:35 PM
He is using the hydro pads. When he says blue it's the cyan.

OK, that makes some sense, I missed the Hydro-Tech pads.

CAMAROZL1
04-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Loudog2 I tried to polish and brought car out into sun and while looks better, I still see a lot of swirls. Im going to order the LC CCS yellow pad then follow it up with LC Hyrdo Cyan for polish and Hyrdo Red for LSP. I Have to wait till next week to do the car sadly. I have never worked with a car that had swirls this bad on it that the Hyrdo pads didn't even cut through it

loudog2
04-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Loudog2 I tried to polish and brought car out into sun and while looks better, I still see a lot of swirls. Im going to order the LC CCS yellow pad then follow it up with LC Hyrdo Cyan for polish and Hyrdo Red for LSP. I Have to wait till next week to do the car sadly. I have never worked with a car that had swirls this bad on it that the Hyrdo pads didn't even cut through it
The paint might be soft like mine. Anything more than a LC grey pad w/106fa will leave marring. I always have to finish with 85rd or 106fa on a grey pad after all stronger pads and polishes.

rider9195
04-21-2012, 08:30 PM
You most likely need a softer pad and a finer polish. You will be surprised.