PDA

View Full Version : should i buy the VX5000?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Moses
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Yea guys i am really thinking about buying one, but need some motivation lol, Is the purchase really worth it? I own a mytee lite 2 already, and purchased a cheap $100 steamer the other day but took it back because of the lack of cleaning power it had. how much better is the vx5000 compare to what i had before? How long does the steam last? my other one only lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes. And is there a reason to increase the PSI or is the 60 just enough? any cheaper place to buy it ? $800 is what it cost right now

shoeless89
04-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes buy it! You can call them and ask for a refurbished model for like $100 off I think. But thats the only place I know to get it.

2old2change
04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I have one and if it quit I would buy another. Keep a lookout for used ones. I got mine from another detailer that had it less then a couple of months and have seen similar deals posted on some of the detailing forums.

Jons6.7
04-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Just a thought. "steam-cleaners-direct" adding the www and .com and see the huge sales pitch then realize you can get it from AutoGeek for $5 more with free shipping (AGO) and have the best customer service bar none.

If I did this for a living I would not hesitate as anything that can make you faster or do a better job is going to pay for itself eventually. For me that would be a REALLY long time and having a girl almost here (3 weeks) means it will be a while for me but its on the list.

Moses
04-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I did it, i bit the bullet, called it in and order by phone $795 OTD. thank you guys

bill walsh
04-25-2012, 06:29 PM
good luck with your new toy i have 2 vx5000s used one home 1 at shop every day with 3 dogs

slickooz
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Your going love it. Great when paired with an extractor.

Robert8194
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Great machine and definitely a time saver. IMO there are just some things that can't be done without a steamer or an awful lot of work.

DaVinciAutoSpa
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
DOesn't look like AG carries the vx5000.

Robert8194
05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
DOesn't look like AG carries the vx5000.

No, they carry a smaller,less expensive steamer that is actually quite good. It depends on how much you want to spend. The VX5000 is a great machine.

ozziepuppy
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I ordered a VX5000 on Monday (two days ago). For those of you who have one, do you remember how long it took you to get it? I think he said it would be a week before the order gets processed and shipped, and so I am thinking about a week and a half in all. Does that sound about right?

I did a lot of research prior to deciding on that particular model and this forum helped me to make the decision, so I appreciate that. I had previously owned a Eurosteam 1900 which is very similar to the VX5000. I had narrowed it down to the Daimer Kleenjet Pro Plus 200S, the VX5000, and the Dupray Tosca. I felt that the VX5000 had the best combination of features at the best price for my purposes, although they all seem to be fine machines.

It took several weeks to make the decision. I haven't had a steamer in several years as I became very frustrated when mine broke and didn't want to invest in another one. However, now that I have made the decision to bite the bullet and order another one, the anticipation is killing me!

Robert8194
06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I ordered a VX5000 on Monday (two days ago). For those of you who have one, do you remember how long it took you to get it? I think he said it would be a week before the order gets processed and shipped, and so I am thinking about a week and a half in all. Does that sound about right?

I did a lot of research prior to deciding on that particular model and this forum helped me to make the decision, so I appreciate that. I had previously owned a Eurosteam 1900 which is very similar to the VX5000. I had narrowed it down to the Daimer Kleenjet Pro Plus 200S, the VX5000, and the Dupray Tosca. I felt that the VX5000 had the best combination of features at the best price for my purposes, although they all seem to be fine machines.

It took several weeks to make the decision. I haven't had a steamer in several years as I became very frustrated when mine broke and didn't want to invest in another one. However, now that I have made the decision to bite the bullet and order another one, the anticipation is killing me!

That sounds about right. It depends on where you are. They sometimes ship out of Florida but mine came from St. Louis I believe. While you are waiting it seems like forever. You are going to love it. I cranked my pressure up and it is a beast.

Moses
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
same here about 5 business days, from Florida to CA

ozziepuppy
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I wish it were coming from him directly. He is in Springfield, MO and I am in KS. However, it is being shipped from Miami so will take longer. No tracking number yet but he said I would get one when it ships.

Just curious ~ how did you increase the pressure?

Robert8194
06-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I wish it were coming from him directly. He is in Springfield, MO and I am in KS. However, it is being shipped from Miami so will take longer. No tracking number yet but he said I would get one when it ships.

Just curious ~ how did you increase the pressure?
I know the waiting is the hard part. You can search for VX5000 on the forum and find instructions. When I get to a real computer, I can send them. For some reason the iPad doesn't want to cut and paste from old threads.