stripping off klasse + 845

kline39

Reaction score
I just got into detailing and the products included. So, living in MN, my first combo was to get an idea of a combination that gave decent looks and good durability. As the topic implies, I clayed my car then applied KAIO, Klasse SGx3, and a layer of collinite 845. The looks and durability are great, but I'm a really curious guy and theres tons of fun-looking LSP's out there (blackfire wet diamond, meg's ultimate wax, and colli 915 to name a few). Anyways, I was wondering if claying and using KAIO by hand would be enough to take all this off, or would I have to resort to something like Griot's Garage paint prep to do the job right? Thanks in advance for any help.

Btw, I did search on the forums for wax stripping, and found quite a bit, but I wasnt sure if those methods would be strong enought to take off this combo. Also, the Klasse was applied about a month ago and the colli 2 weeks ago.

Claying and KAIO will remove what's on there now, and lay down a bit of sealant as a base for whatever you try next.

When I used the KAIO/KSG with multiple layers, I found I could just vary the wax topper to get different (although very subtle) looks. I'd just wash thoroughly and go with a new wax topper....

Alright, thanks very much for the reply! and for saving me a few buks on the paint prep

I would not worry. I would use KAIO as the base anyhow. I love using it as a cleaner and the apply the other stuff as a topper.

Back