PDA

View Full Version : Can I apply Opticoat2 with microfiber pad?

Jim B
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi all, OC2 comes with a foam applicator. Has anyone tried to apply OC2 with a MF applicator? I'm thinking the mf pad won't "stick" as much. Right, wrong? :dunno: Thanks for your input!

Chris Thomas
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
You can use any applicator you like. I've tried foam, microfiber, shop towels (blue roll), neoprene and probably more. My only complaint with MF is that it tends to leave a thick spot at the end of your stroke when you change directions. Watch for that and you'll be fine.

Jim B
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
You can use any applicator you like. I've tried foam, microfiber, shop towels (blue roll), neoprene and probably more. My only complaint with MF is that it tends to leave a thick spot at the end of your stroke when you change directions. Watch for that and you'll be fine.

Whoo Hoo! Got the OC2 guru's reply!:bowdown: Thanks, Chris!
Jim B

Chris Thomas
04-28-2012, 06:16 PM
:cool:Word

Old Tiger
04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I agree with my buddy Chris. I follow up with a second MF about a minute later. I prefer MF pads over all else!

Jomax
04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree with my buddy Chris. I follow up with a second MF about a minute later. I prefer MF pads over all else!

So you use a MF applicator, then a minute later use a new MF applicator to wipe the area you OC'd to make sure you have no high spots?