What Polish to use before Klasse AIO & SG?

JBT

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a bit of a newbie to detailing. My experience is limited to using Klasse AIO and SG on my cars for the past 2 years, sometimes by hand, sometimes with a rotary buffer. My cars are daily drivers with light to moderate swirls. A friend of mine suggested that I use a light abrasive polish to remove the swirls/scratches prior to using AIO and SG.

I'm based in the Philippines and there aren't much professional detailing products available. I was thinking of using either Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner/Polish or Meguiars Speed Glaze. Is it fine to use any of these 2 polishes before applying AIO and SG?

Since this was your first post, welcome to AGO, from a fellow Filipino :) I've not used either of DACP or Speed Glaze, but basing on the descriptions, I'd say that they'd be fine for light to light-moderate swirling. I would have suggested the Meg's trio of Swirl-X/Scratch-X 2.0/Ultimate Compound, except that those aren't recommended for use with a rotary. If you're interested, I can also give you the contact info of a local reseller of Optimum products (via PM) - Optimum has 8 oz sizes available, which work out well for us hobbyists :)

M83/M80/KAIO/SGx3 was my combo that I used for several years

M83/M80 will provide some good correction but you will need to do an alcohol wipe after M80 to check actual correction. While M80 does have correction functionality, it has a light amount of polishing oils that can also conceal marring. Once the surface meets your expectation, you can go straight to KAIO and then subsequently, SG.

If you do not have DACP or M80 yet, i would recommend the Menzerna line - especially because you have a rotary. They perform exceptionally with all types of tools, but I believe their performance is almost unmatched when paired with a rotary. /flamesuit on

Since this was your first post, welcome to AGO, from a fellow Filipino :) I've not used either of DACP or Speed Glaze, but basing on the descriptions, I'd say that they'd be fine for light to light-moderate swirling. I would have suggested the Meg's trio of Swirl-X/Scratch-X 2.0/Ultimate Compound, except that those aren't recommended for use with a rotary. If you're interested, I can also give you the contact info of a local reseller of Optimum products (via PM) - Optimum has 8 oz sizes available, which work out well for us hobbyists :)

Hi Francis. Thanks for the tip. Please do send me the contact for the Optimum products via PM.

M83/M80/KAIO/SGx3 was my combo that I used for several years

M83/M80 will provide some good correction but you will need to do an alcohol wipe after M80 to check actual correction. While M80 does have correction functionality, it has a light amount of polishing oils that can also conceal marring. Once the surface meets your expectation, you can go straight to KAIO and then subsequently, SG.

If you do not have DACP or M80 yet, i would recommend the Menzerna line - especially because you have a rotary. They perform exceptionally with all types of tools, but I believe their performance is almost unmatched when paired with a rotary. /flamesuit on

Hi MCA. Aside from covering up any marring, will there be any bad reactions between the polishes of M83/M80 and the chemicals of KAIO if ever I skip alcohol wiping?

I've read very good feedback about Menzerna but unfortunately, I thinks it not available here in the Philippines.

Hi MCA. Aside from covering up any marring, will there be any bad reactions between the polishes of M83/M80 and the chemicals of KAIO if ever I skip alcohol wiping?

I've read very good feedback about Menzerna but unfortunately, I thinks it not available here in the Philippines.

Actually, some of the Menzerna polishes (specifically, FG500, PG1000, PF2500, and FF3000) are available locally - I'll also include the contact info of their distributor in my PM :)

No bad reactions at all - The KAIO will easily remove the polishing oils that M80 leaves behind so you will see the true condition of your paint. It's just that alcohol is much cheaper to use than KAIO when it comes to removing polishing residue.

Hi guys. Thanks for the help. :xyxthumbs:

Hi Francis. I got the PM. Thanks!

Back