PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Fake Leather

differential
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
My wife has a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen with the black fake leather seats. I've been using Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner, but after a day or two, the seats start looking dry and faded, almost grey. It's not bad, but she likes the deep black look after using the leather conditioner.

Are there any products out there that will keep that sheen longer than the Chemical Guys leather stuff? Any suggestions?

Agfan
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Well first off. I'd say almost ever car has fake leather. Chemical guys leather conditioner is made for the fake leathers. However your wife's seat are protected and are fine. Shiny doesn't mean is better. I fact a lot of shiny leather cond are not good for the "leather" because the silicons clog the pours which can harm the leather. Sometimes u got to use whats best for your car instead of what looks best.

TroyScherer
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I have used both 303 Aerospace Protectant & Lexol Vinylex with success on my wife's jetta. We have the same seating surface.

alko
04-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I really like the Wolfgang leather cleaner and the conditioner. I just ordered some Ultima Interior Guard Plus. Not sure if I want to apply it to leather just yet.

malibuboats91
04-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I also use 303 products. I use the fabric/vinyl cleaner then the 303 aerospace for protectant. I am not a fan of the VW leatherette, but these products work well on it.

TornadoRed
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Ultima interior guard plus is what you want.

Robert8194
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
+1 on Ultima Interior Guard Plus. It gives leather a silky smooth feel. It is rather expensive but it will last a very long time. A couple of sprays on the applicator and you will be surprised at how much it will treat. Hope you find something that works for you.

jimbo585
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I have the beige seating in mine and use poorboys leather stuff. I dont seem to have any fading on mine.

ski2
04-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Optimum Protectant Plus is made to clean and protect both real coated leather and Vinyl--works great.

mwoolfso
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
I have used both 303 Aerospace Protectant & Lexol Vinylex with success on my wife's jetta. We have the same seating surface.

I have used Vinylex thus far on my 2012 CC and it has worked great. For the first day or so you can slide around it on your butt but not soooo much that it is dangerous.

Lastly, I am a glass half-full kind of person. I don't see it as fake leather since I never wanted leather to begin with. The VW sales material says it is leatherette but to me it is vinyl-based no matter what.

Regards,

BTLew81
04-30-2012, 09:44 PM
For regular cleaning use Meg's Quick Interior Detailer. Sure, it's vinyl, but it's VERY durable and will look new long after leather will.

No REAL need to protect it, though 303 works well, Ultima, or any leather product. Leather products works just fine on the vinyl.