Detailed: Chevy 4500 Duramax

justin_murphy

Reaction score
Ok, most have seen the teaser pics. This is the largest vehicle that I have detailed that is a daily driver. Motor homes don't count! This thing was big. Standing on the door sills, I could only reach about one foot over on the roof........and I'm 6-3. I actually used a 6 foot ladder to get the top cleaned. By the way, this is the same owner of the H2 with the 26's. He has sent me so much business. Next week, I have to do his parents vehicles and motor home. So, I really gave him a deal on this one. About half of what I would normally charge. I'll make it back. Plus, this one's good for the portfolio!

Here's the process......

Wheels, Tires, and Wells
(Purple Power and DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner)
First off, the wheels are uncoated ALCOA aluminums. I wanted to be safe. So, out came DP's Gel Wheel Cleaner. I sprayed the tire and wheel one at a time and worked the gel in with a soft wheel brush. I then pressure washed it. Next, I used Purple Power on the wells and then blasted them with my pressure washer also. After they were dry, the wells and tires got a coat of Armor All Tire Foam then wiped clean. Last was a final coat of Pinnacle's Black Onyx Tire Gel.

Wash Cycle
(NXT Tech Wash with black Wheel ShMitt)
This truck was pretty dirty. Some spots had to be scrubbed twice. Surprisingly, there were no contaminants to the touch. Cleaned up well.

Paint Polishing
Pinnacle's XMT #4 and Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant
(Used EDGE2K Blue Polishing Pad at a #5 PC setting)
Yep. You read right. XMT#4. This is simply the roughest compound I have ever felt. Large particles are very present. I was actually worried. This ride needed some major work so I stuck with it. Man, it cut. I went with a softer pad this time. This combo worked for me. There was not a lot of work time nor did I expect it. I expected a lot of cut fast and that was the results. I kept the pad damp with Pinnacle's Clay Lubricant and there was no dusting. Finished down well but there was some marring. Out cam the PwS on another blue pad. Marring gone with gloss and shine left behind. I also did all aluminum trim with PwS.
Pictures059.jpg

Paint Protection
Pinnacle's Souveran Spray Wax
(One spray per panel, wiped on with MF towel, flip, and buff off)
Using this after PwS gave the paint some depth with that wonderful carnauba look. Door jams and wheels also got a coat. With over 40 vehicles waxed from this bottle, It still 1/4 of the way full.
Excellent value.

Interior
(DP's Interior Cleaner, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner, Interior Protectant, and Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner)
It was pretty dirty inside as well. All panels were cleaned and protected Carpets were mildly shampooed since the customer wants me to remove the seats and pressure wash the carpet next month.

Thank you all.
I appreciate all of your support and comments!

justin30513

Befores........
Pictures044.jpg

Pictures045.jpg

Pictures046.jpg

Pictures048.jpg

Pictures047.jpg

Pictures049.jpg

Pictures050.jpg

Pictures053.jpg

Pictures054.jpg

Pictures055.jpg

After the first post, I was wondering were the clean ones were:D

Good job on such a big monster.

Wow that thing's huge. It looks great. It looks like that monster would take forever.

Lookin great man i dont want to do something like that!

Every time I see your work, Justin, I'm amazed. Tires look perfect, paint glows, interior looks better then new.
This thing is huge! Did you say it's his daily driver?

super job as usual:applause: how long to detail that monster??:p

great job. i noticed some times you use a spray wax and sometimes a paste. how to you determen what to use.

Looks fantastic! :applause:

Great job Justin. :cheers:

supercharged said:
Every time I see your work, Justin, I'm amazed. Tires look perfect, paint glows, interior looks better then new.
This thing is huge! Did you say it's his daily driver?

He uses it daily to pull a flat bed trailer. He has a Port-a-Potty business. With all the building going on here, he's making a killing. Every job site has to have one.......some two.

He and his family are into dirt track racing. He has 2 huge 20+ foot trailers. He pulls one to the track then comes back and gets the other.

So yes, it see action on a daily basis.

Really enjoyed your write-up. That big truck looks great. Glad that you followed up with part two. At first I thought, "Justin's tall but.............."
Is that a hint of the new Edge 2K red pad in picture #1?

Justin, WOW Look at the GLOSS in that white. YOU THE MAN!

Wow!! And about 5 hours of work!! I agree with Sparkie.....that's one GLOSSY, white truck!! Of course the interior is perfecto!

Great Job! Bot just a ordinary truck basically it is a Medium Duty! Simply put bigger then a Ford 450 ( I hope I got it right) It is a huge truck a 5 hours to do! WOW! Congrats. Huge Job! Thanks for sharing. I figure around 2-3 times te sizes of a regular pick up in all respects. Done Virtual reveiews of the medium Duty.

And I only think I am tired after doing my truck;). Looks awsome, sweet job on a sweet truck.

FR

Back