PDA

View Full Version : Jetseal, Blacklight, V7, 5050 - combined?

Mc'lovin
05-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Hi all,

I have all of the above products - Jetseak, Blacklight, v7 and 5050 wax. I was thinking of a little exaggerated idea, but would like to hear your opinion:

Topping my car with 2 coats of jetseal, then blacklight with v7, and then with the 5050 wax.

I'm asking for your opinion since I have no idea if using one of the above will eliminate or highly reduce the effect of another, and so I ask what do think - Could it be a nice experiment that should work, or will it be redundant?

Thank you!

Morphiusrt
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Hi all,

I have all of the above products - Jetseak, Blacklight, v7 and 5050 wax. I was thinking of a little exaggerated idea, but would like to hear your opinion:

Topping my car with 2 coats of jetseal, then blacklight with v7, and then with the 5050 wax.

I'm asking for your opinion since I have no idea if using one of the above will eliminate or highly reduce the effect of another, and so I ask what do think - Could it be a nice experiment that should work, or will it be redundant?

Thank you!

I am not very experienced but just this past weekend I did blacklight then pete's 53' and I guess the blacklight didn't completely dry and started to come through the wax. So don't rush it. I'd say give it a 1/2hr before applying wax.

Imho I think you could skip the V7 as it is more like a quick wax/quick detailer.

spardavr4
05-07-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm not positive, but I think that Blacklight has light abrasives in it and will thus take out anything underneath it.

silverfox
05-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Great products applied in this order:

1. Blacklight
2. Jetseal
3. 50/50
4. V7

I'd leave out the either the Jetseal or the 50/50 as I don't think you need both. Its up to you how much time you have on your hands. Blacklight/50-50/V7 is a killer combo. Take a look at the blue Fararri towards the end of Todd's review.

Product Review: Chemical Guys Black Light – Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/product-review-chemical-guys-blacklight/)

Mc'lovin
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I am not very experienced but just this past weekend I did blacklight then pete's 53' and I guess the blacklight didn't completely dry and started to come through the wax. So don't rush it. I'd say give it a 1/2hr before applying wax.

Imho I think you could skip the V7 as it is more like a quick wax/quick detailer.

I'm not positive, but I think that Blacklight has light abrasives in it and will thus take out anything underneath it.

Great products applied in this order:

1. Blacklight
2. Jetseal
3. 50/50
4. V7

I'd leave out the either the Jetseal or the 50/50 as I don't think you need both. Its up to you how much time you have on your hands. Blacklight/50-50/V7 is a killer combo. Take a look at the blue Fararri towards the end of Todd's review.

Product Review: Chemical Guys Black Light – Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/product-review-chemical-guys-blacklight/)

Thanks Everyone!!
If my car has soft paint, would you recommend applying black light by hand or stick with a DA polisher?

Thanks again :)

SON1C
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I'd just go blacklight then 50/50 either way never apply bl over anything if you're using a wax and or sealant then v7 is overkill IMO

In a video cg recommended bl by hand

silverfox
05-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I'd apply BL with a DA polisher and a black foam buffing pad on speed 4 with little pressure. Put on very little product. Three pea size drops. You don't need to prime the pad because over loading the pad will work against you. I only prime pads if using non diminishing polishes. BL is a diminishing polish. Apply by hand only if you are putting down a glaze before applying BL.

Mc'lovin
05-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Once again, thank you for the tips.
I am still debating whether to apply Blacklight by hand or with a DA as I am still a noob ( I know it's safe, but there are other stuff to take in mind such as taping the trim correctly in order to not stain it etc..).

When I'll have my results I will upload pics for sure! (It will take however a few weeks until I'll have the time to do this).

SON1C
05-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Sounds good just update this post instead of creating a new one :)

05-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I have all 3 products. I choose the route of M105, then 205, then v38. I followed that up with ez creme glaze all by DA. Very easy and taping off the wives 2011 Grand Cherokee wasn't bad. I topped all that off with a coat of collinite 845 and a week later 5050. I must say I'm more impressed with the 5050. Her Jeep is metallic black and it really pops. Next go around I'll be using blacklight. The V7 does compliment the combo well as I use that when I'm done washing.

05-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Probably should mention I'm a newb as well and this was my first major correction attempt that came out awesome. http://img.tapatalk.com/6c497172-94a9-f81f.jpg

silverfox
05-08-2012, 05:22 AM
The important thing here is that you get yo experience BL whether it be applied by machine or by hand. Remember less is more especially by hand. It's easy to apply too much. You know you are putting the correct amount on when there is little to nothing left to wipe off.

Mc'lovin
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
As promised, I've posted a review with pics on this combo. You can view it here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/50932-review-cg-black-light-wax-v7-light-paint.html

Hope you like it :)