Best spray wax for the price- 1/5 gallon

ShineTimeDetail

Reaction score
What's the best spray wax for the price? Looking to buy gallon or 5 gallon buckets.

Duragloss aquawax is tops in looks. The fact that it's cheap is a bonus.

OCW would be my choice if I was in the market for the cheapest best spray wax. PB QW+ is also a nice choice that is never talked about.

Duragloss aquawax is tops in looks. The fact that it's cheap is a bonus.

Excellent choice! Aquawax can be purchased in 30 gallon jugs and 55 gallon drums as well.

Optimum Car Wax would be my second choice.

I like Aquawax, but haven't used OCW yet. Can OCW be used wet like Aquawax can?

If you want just quick wax I would agree with DG Aquawax. It is super easy and looks great. It is my go to wax as you dry product.

If you want the spray wax with the best durability and looks I would go with Opt Car Wax. In my opinion it is the only true spray wax that is on par with some liquid and paste waxes.

I have no experiance with it but another option would be Megs D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax.

Can OCW be used wet like Aquawax can?

I have used it when the car was damp. I would suggest getting 90% of the water off before applying. But it works great damp or dry.

I have no experiance with it but another option would be Megs D156 Synthetic X-press Spray Wax.

Fyi, I am pretty sure this can be applied to a wet surfact, as well.

Here's a note on it...I found it difficult to spread and remove a few months ago, when it was 40-50 degrees in NY, using a MF.

This past weekend, I had absolutely no problems doing the same in 70 degree weather, using a hex-handled crimson red wax/sealant applicator (bought it from ADS a few months ago). I spread it with the applicator, then removed excess with a Meg's Supreme Shine MF (a MF which does not get enough props, IMO).

If you want the spray wax with the best durability and looks I would go with Opt Car Wax. In my opinion it is the only true spray wax that is on par with some liquid and paste waxes.

:iagree:

I used S100 wax (and P21S wax previously) for years as my LSP. I've been so impressed with Optimum Car Wax, once I finish the S100 product I have on hand, I plan to use Optimum Car Wax exclusively.

I've been using it like a quick detail spray after a wash. It's so easy to use and leaves a great finish and gloss, I do not see the need to use a traditional wax.

I use OCW on a black vehicle, and I have not experienced the streaking issues others have reported. In my experience, the key is to use very little product.

Is streaking with a spray wax always a result of too much product?

Is streaking with a spray wax always a result of too much product?

Many factors can contribute to it.

1. Too much product
2. Uneven application
3. Hot Panel, too hot outside
4. Some paints don't like it, shows up more on darker colors.

The best way I have found to apply it is to spray it on the long nap of a MF towel first. Apply with light pressure evenly one panel at a time and wipe off immediately.

I love Optimum Spray Wax. It has great durability. Duragloss might be a cheaper alternative.

I use both Meg's and Opti's spray wax. Meg's has no durability, but doesn't streak, is slick, and great on top of other products. The Opti product is a little more "substantial". It's very slick and has great durability.
The only thing with the Opti wax is
I found when using on dark cars, application is difficult because it will streak, you have to work on small sections. They both are great, but I feel the Megs is more of a "wax/sealant booster" than an actual wax. Both are great on Opti Coat.

I'm not looking for durability, I'm looking for a product to spray on while drying to make it look better.

+1 on duragloss aquawax. you can't go wrong with that stuff.

Also, I have to disagree with opt spray wax. While I love their products I do not like the wax. I know myself and many others have had issues with streaking.

Back