PDA

View Full Version : New to me issue..help? Thoughts?

BTLew81
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I have a 2012 Candy White Jetta. A couple of weeks ago I used d300 and a MF pad to remove the DISO. Finished with M205 and sealed with M20. Car looked good under the sun gun and in the natural sun. Clear, 99% defect free.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Washed with Meg's rinse free express. I noticed, under the sun gun, that while still "defect" free, I see these little spots. Not a color, just that the paint lacks clarity. Can't see them unless you are RIGHT on the paint or in VERY bright sun. The only thing I can think of is that where I park at work, I will sometimes get some very small, light sap drops on my windows, which I am sure make their way to the paint as well.

Could it be some sort of etching? D300 seems to remove it, DG 501 made it better, but not all gone.

Thoughts are appreciated. I think the plan is to correct again, though I hate to do it, and then OC the car. The car is flat white, and I have had metallics most recently, so maybe this is why I am noticing this. Tried to capture it in a picture, but it really didnt come out well.

Thanks in advance.

SON1C
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Subbed

BTLew81
05-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Come on experts! :)

Nappers
05-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Where you can see the problem, try claying the surface then start your regime again. Could be paint contaminants on the surface.

If you clayed.....Disregard..... :D

SON1C
05-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Could add iron x to above but honestly :dunno:

RMM
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Could add iron x to above but honestly :dunno:

If the particles are not ferrous it will not help.
Maybe you can try something with chemical cleaning capabilities such as DG 501 or DG 652.
But if it is etched...

brlukosk
05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Did you do an IPA wipe after M205? I've seen that it's oils tend to cover up a lot of defects. Perhaps these spots with lack of clarity weren't worked long enough with 205 and you didn't realize because of the oils? Just a thought.

BTLew81
05-09-2012, 09:04 AM
I've not tried clay yet and am not sure when I will have the time to do that, but I will eventually. Everything looked good after the D300, and 205 was used to give a little more pop. It's really not like marring or rids or anything, just like a lack of clarity from these little spots. When I have time I may clay it and polish an area to see how it improves. Tried DG 501 but it did not seem to help much. I am beginning to really think that I need to coat the car for extra piece of mind and protection. Just frustrating after I spent so much time correcting the issues the dealer left me with.