what is your favorite sealant

s500

Reaction score
what is your favorite sealant i was thinking to get blackfire wet diamond, power lock, opti coat,upgp or others.

Opti Coat would be the most durable, but it's not a sealant.

i am looking for the best shine, wetness, or gloss

You can make a turd shine, you have to polish it first. I don't care what product you buy when it comes to sealant or whatever. If the layer underneath isn't beautifully prepared, what you put on top won't do much to help.

You can make a turd shine, you have to polish it first. I don't care what product you buy when it comes to sealant or whatever. If the layer underneath isn't beautifully prepared, what you put on top won't do much to help.
Amen bro!!

i was thinking of m105/m205 then a p085rd on top. do recommend anything other than p085rd

I have Opti Coat on my Acura TL. I love it, but I agree with the posters above. You must correct and polish your paint prior to applying any sealant.

OptiCoat is a coating. As for sealants, I like blackfire white diamond, wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant, and klasse high gloss sealant.

For a polish, SF4500 should do nicely. I use Zaino sealants and will be testing UPGP in a couple weeks. (After lots of prep.)

Dan.

what is your favorite sealant i was thinking to get blackfire wet diamond, power lock, opti coat,upgp or others.

UPGP, then again I haven't tried any of the other choices you listed.

i was thinking of m105/m205 then a p085rd on top. do recommend anything other than p085rd

Maybe 106FA?

As noted opti-coat is a coating and not really a sealant.

I have used all of the ones you have listed. I found that PowerLock and BFWD were very similar to me in application, removal and overal look. BFWD was ever so slightly deeper and wetter. BFWD is very slick when first applied. UPGP is super slick and super easy to apply. That is what I choose to use this spring on my car. I am super impressed with UPGP.

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is nice, Power Lock is not too bad. I still haven't used Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection but my good buddy Corey says it is fantastic, which I have no reason to doubt him. I reach for Duragloss #501 Marine Polish or Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish more than anything.

As of right now, I'm all about Black Fire products, wet diamond or their Crystal Seal, can't go wrong with either one when you need to finish things up:props:

^^This is also coming from someone who loves "Z" too^^

I haven't used a Ton of sealants, as the bottles last so long! I've been using Power Lock since it came out and still have half a bottle left, as I only detail 2 cars. I don't buy a ton of redundant waxes and sealants because I know most of your results come from technique and prep. If I was in the market I would get Optiseal or UPGP to try.

i am looking for the best shine, wetness, or gloss

For those properties look no further than http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...view-four-star-ultimate-paint-protection.html

UPGP is my other favorite depending on the color. It is ultra glossy and lasts longer than UPP but is not as wet.

So true my friend! :iagree:

Back