Pricing Help!

Sunshyne

Reaction score
yup another pricing thread! I am going to start offering detailing services and wanted to get an idea of some generic pricing some of you use and have seen.

I want to offer simple wash and wax job all the way up to 3 step corrections.

thanks!

This is my last post for a while other than Tundra 10's NWoD thread. I don't know what area of NoVa you are located - I'm 20 miles north over the Woodrow Wilson on 495.

What I did on the net last year to research price lists was to go to Craigslist NoVa and Southern Maryland. There are dozens of Pro and semi-pro detailers advertising on CL with a link to their websites and pages. There you will find packages and prices.

The next thing I did was hit the brick and mortar locations in my area of both the detail shops and the car washes. By doing this I could gauge the market as to whether which packages were top sellers and which detailers were mainly production washes.

One interesting fact that I found was the prevalence of dealer detailers setting up shop in shopping centers parking lots and repair garages parking lots on the weekends.

Most of these hands have top shelf skills, but market themselves to those who want quick washes and spray wax. They have dedicated customers and pick up the slack from the long lines seen at most production scratch and swirls here. Most work tag team and clear a tidy profit on their days off - clearing more $$$ than they make on their 40hr gig $8.50 - $12.00 hr.

I stay in contact with one group that detail for CarMax full time and work the garage lot off Greenbelt Rd. These hands have been doing production quick washes for $20, quick wax $59. Their target market are the numerous sub-divisions, and town houses that are concentrated in that area. Mostly female and retired professionals.

Good luck and God bless...looking forward to your threads and posts ...and also your prosperity.:props:

VT- your suggestions are appreciated pal. Thanks for the kind words. I am not trying to make this a full time gig but more of a side thing. If I can pull 1 car a week ill be happy.

It seems to me most people want a clean shiny car. $100 dollars seems to be a sweet spot for me to get people interested. Come up with a service that gives people a clean shiny car charge them $100 and your golden. No one knows what three step paint correction is, don't bother advertising or pushing it. As you get busy doing the $100 jobs people will approach you With questions like "is there any way to get this scratch out" or "how do they get cars at car shows so shiny" that's is when you start talking about paint correction. I usally ask customers if they want there rugs shampooed or stains removed or leather cleaned to add onto the price of my express detail.

Back