PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things your customers have asked

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Count
05-23-2012, 11:24 AM
One lady asked me to get the curb rash off her wheel she thought it would "buff out" it was really deep too.

One lady told me to put the tires so they are all in the same position so like goodyear would be at 12 and they'd be the same, I'm like "Uh lady whenever you go around a turn it ain't gonna stay like that."

RedGT
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Love it.

Dugdug
05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
One lady asked me to get the curb rash off her wheel she thought it would "buff out" it was really deep too.

One lady told me to put the tires so they are all in the same position so like goodyear would be at 12 and they'd be the same, I'm like "Uh lady whenever you go around a turn it ain't gonna stay like that."

HAHA!

I've had people think cracked bumpers would buff out. The first time someone said it I went along with it because I thought they were joking. Then I realized they weren't kidding lol

I've also had one lady say I didn't clean her headlights well enough. They were oxidized. I tried to explain it to her what that meant and how I could fix it for her. She didn't want to pay for it, but insisted I could scrub harder lol

Gurge
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I've had someone ask me about the curb rash on the wheels

someone asked if I carried adhesive to repair some vinyl that was peeling away from the dash

someone had me remove the cover from their boat, detail it, and then I was asked to put the cover back on including tying it down. did my best to lay it on there but I wasnt spending an hour tying it down all over again. why detail it to cover it up again? put it in the water already

people expecting a full detail on their car or boat at their house after my day job which means between 6pm-9pm

someone asked me to try and buff out the deepest bird bomb etching ever. clearly into the basecoat

someone told me having their leather conditioned in the past has caused it to crack

"Do you use a clean 'wheel'?"

"Decontaminate? My paints not contaminated, where do you think I live?"

this is fun. I'll check back later.

wgilles
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Subscribed! ;)

Porsche Pilot
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I once had a client ask if I check the "prindle" and adjust it since it didnt look right. I am pretty car savvy but have never heard of a "prindle". It took many layers of questioning to determine that she meant the P R N D L. I couldn't adjust it. The client, one of my favorites, is a bit nutty and a very famous recording artists from years past. That may explain the lack of common sense.

cleanmycorolla
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
She doesn't count as a client as she is my fiance, but I do detail her car for her, it was sweet and cute. As I was washing her car one time she offered me some of our washing detergent to user as a soap on her car, Tide for high efficiency machines. I've heard of using dish soap like Dawn but never Tide. Go figure too, she is a scientist at JPL here in Pasadena. Love her to death but that was one of my, ### moments.....I was like hey, do they wash the rockets you guys/gals build with Tide???

RMM
05-23-2012, 12:58 PM

:doh:
Talk about OCD!

LuxuryMobile
05-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I once had a client ask if I check the "prindle" and adjust it since it didnt look right. I am pretty car savvy but have never heard of a "prindle". It took many layers of questioning to determine that she meant the P R N D L. I couldn't adjust it. The client, one of my favorites, is a bit nutty and a very famous recording artists from years past. That may explain the lack of common sense.

The ol Prindle adjustment. Love it!

Billand
05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I have been asked to polish water spots off of home windows and stove tops. Coat showers with glass sealant. If I could rotate tires clean air filters. Ten you get the people that want the under charge of the big lifted trucks detailed when they only pay and agree on a basic detail of exterior and interior.
Why don't you use turtle wax and armor all

I could go on for days

Dugdug
05-23-2012, 01:08 PM
I have been asked to polish water spots off of home windows and stove tops. Coat showers with glass sealant. If I could rotate tires clean air filters. Ten you get the people that want the under charge of the big lifted trucks detailed when they only pay and agree on a basic detail of exterior and interior.
Why don't you use turtle wax and armor all

I could go on for days

That reminds me lol

I did a groupon a wile back and in the groupon it states surcharge for trucks vans and suv's. I normally dont like charging surcharges but with groupon I need to get my moneys worth. Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

bobble
05-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Had one person, a friend of my son and they are both auto techs, ask me to buff out the roof of his truck. Only catch the clearcoat had completely failed and was peeling off in pieces. Now I feel he should have known better and really did not like it when I started laughing at him.

Dugdug
05-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Had one person, a friend of my son and they are both auto techs, ask me to buff out the roof of his truck. Only catch the clearcoat had completely failed and was peeling off in pieces. Now I feel he should have known better and really did not like it when I started laughing at him.

I did some work for a dealer. An old red bmw. For the most part the clear was in ok shape except for the passenger side door and front grill. He wanted it polished up and I told him it wont last long. He didn't care, he just wanted it to look ok till he sold it. I hit it with my DA, slapped some wax on it, 2 coats of sealant and he was pleased lol I had to wash the heck out of my pad tho lol It turned my yellow LC pad red!

ziggo99
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
That reminds me lol
He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

1. I'm speechless to come up with something witty.
2. This is now going into my signature

pcw25
05-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Had someone ask me to buff out a scratch on their Honda. I knew it was through the clear and I told her that. So she understood everything I said, and the next time I saw the car it was "touched up" horribly. I asked what type of touch up paint she used, she said she used nail polish. The whole car was red except for this one sparkly purple part that was nail polish. lol.