how to strip wax

s500

Reaction score
how much of dawn or apc at what dilution should i use to stip the wax or would m205 and claying do that for me.

Any polish or clay would strip the wax. Best practice would be to strip it with a wash I'd imagine, however, I'd probably just do a normal wash. Hit it with IPA and start clay/polish.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Claying and M205 would strip the wax, but some people like stripping it before hand. You shouldn't have a problem if you clay and use 205 though.

For a soap that will strip wax try Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss. In high concentration it will act as a wax stripper, great smell, leaves paint and hands squeaky clean.

Clay will strip wax.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Personally, I don't see the benefit of performing a dedicated stripping wash especially if I'm claying. Also, care must be exercised when using strong chemicals on paint as they have the potential to damage the finish..

If I decide to test a new product or just decide to use a different product I'll wash the finish using my normal car wash solution, clay, and at the very least use a quality paint cleaner.

Great all-in-one cleaners!

I use these with a green and white foam pads.....:props:

I do it if the finish is in great shape but I just want to change up my LSP. I agree that if your doing any polishing or claying it's a waste of time and product.

Most quality automotive polishes will remove old sealants, & waxes. Blackfire is one example.

Back