Memorial Sale, what to buy?

FrkyMnky

Reaction score
Im new to detailing. All of my vehicles have always been hand washed and then waxed, but Ive never done any type of correction and have only used the cheap orbitals you get at Walmart. Im wanting to upgrade to the PC but Im wondering what else to get? Is it worth it to get two pad sizes or just use the 5.5 and do everything else by hand? I know that I will need to do some of the correction by hand and was wondering what pads you guys are using for that? My truck is going to require a good amount of correction to remove swirls and the grinding dust/rust that I got on it.
Ive also been wanting to upgrade to a good brush with handle but the only ones I have found on the site are the boars hair. Are those worth it or is there something else I should take a look at? Also, Im not to worried on specific products as I know that is more of a personal opinion. Im most likely going to be using BobbyG's list to start with but Im more concerned with getting good tools/pads and then figuring which products I like best.
I apologize for being long winded, but I know this will likely be a pretty expensive purchase and I want to get everything I can today before the sale ends. Oh, Ive done more reading and lurking on here than I can remember and its making it more confusing since I don't have any experience with anything.

It would be a great time to try some new waxes. Pick a couple that look interesting and try them out. Do you have a Quick Detailer? Maybe some towels. Good luck and have fun.

It would be a great time to try some new waxes. Pick a couple that look interesting and try them out. Do you have a Quick Detailer? Maybe some towels. Good luck and have fun.

I guess I should have included what I am already using. Ive got MF towels but its time for me to replace them. Been using the two bucket sys with whatever car wash I had at the time and towels to wash with. Meguiars cleaner wax, nxt wax, #26, QD, and ultimate compound. Also have Mothers clay. Ive used whatever I had in the house for the wheels/tires and interior but would like to get better brushes as what I have is a PITA for the wheels.

LOL I prolly have 10 or so brushes for wheels, I'm always looking for something newer and better.

Back