Iron X question

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42651-review-carpro-iron-x.html

Have a look at this amazing review... According to the Q&A there with the Carpro representative it should be fine.

HOWEVER - You should be careful not to apply it on the brake calipers etc. For this reason I don't apply it on wheels, but that's just me (perhaps being too careful). The forum members suggested to me not so long ago when I had questions about this product to take the wheel off and handle it separately if you want to treat it with Iron X.

Good luck!

IronX is not designed to be a maintenance product, especially for wheels (where it should be used only on tough spots).
For better control, it is recommended that you use the paste, since you won't hit neither the wheel weights nor the calipers (which is difficult to avoid with the spray).

Yes, it is safe on chrome wheels and makes a better wheel cleaner than dedicated wheel cleaners. On lead weights it will turn them color but a little agitation takes care of it. If the calipers have some cheap paints it shouldn't be used on them. The important thing is to rinse very well after your done. See the Q&A at the end of that review.

Thank you guys very much. My wheels are in good shape but there is a few spots i just cant get clean and i know its from old baked on break dust.

I bought some iron x with my last order. It's better to use it before I clay right? Or after?

Before claying.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Scrubbing is probably not the term I would use but I personally always agitate it. It will dissolve alot but agitation allows it to reach fresh particles easily.

Spray on, let dwell 5 minutes, agitate, and rinse off.

Thanks! I guess scrubbing was a bad word choice, I didn't really mean scrub lol

LOL :laughing: I figured you meant agitate but just wanted to be clear for all who read this in the future.

Used it for the first time today, we have steel wheels on our crv and it took the rust right off. I also tried this on paint of my 2001 acura tl... No purple... Does that mean i have a clean surface??

O and the smell.......

Iron X is awesome!!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Back