mercedes swirl marks won't remove

s500

Reaction score
i have been trying to hit the swirl marks with m105 on an optimum cutting mf pad with the pc7424xp on speed 6 because it won't rotate on anything less and it is a 1999 mercedes s500. what could i try or do. the paint defenitly looks more clearer but the swirl mark are not being removed. i also have an orange ccs pad.

Pics would be helpful. Seems like everyone has paint questions today and no pics. What color is the Merc? First thing that comes to mind is a test spot and slower arm speed. After that you need to follow up M105 with a finer polish to remove the compound haze/lite swirls. Use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes on some paints, M205 will cause more hazing then it clears up so you have to try different pads.

Pics would be helpful. Seems like everyone has paint questions today and no pics. What color is the Merc? First thing that comes to mind is a test spot and slower arm speed. After that you need to follow up M105 with a finer polish to remove the compound haze/lite swirls. Use a polishing pad or a light cutting pad and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes on some paints, M205 will cause more hazing then it clears up so you have to try different pads.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/51244-mercedes-detail.html
heres my other post apparently its the start of clear coat failure.

Back