PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a good spray wax

Pages : [1] 2

kimtt
06-14-2012, 04:02 AM
I am running a production car wash business and I am looking for a spray wax which can meet the following criteria:

1. Cab be apply on wet surface after wash and rinse off after apply without buffing.
2. Provide gloss and water beading ability.
3. Can at least last several washes.
4. Reasonable price and can be dilute with water.

RPPM
06-14-2012, 05:02 AM
Duragloss AquaWax, does everything you want, plus you can buy in bulk.

lokerola
06-14-2012, 05:04 AM
xmt 360

AKmikeSSter04
06-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Duragloss aquawax is really good. Meguiars ultimate quick wax applies and comes off better but it isn't durable.

atoy
06-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Aquawax is sealant base. Can you top carnauba wax with aquawax?

rider9195
06-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Duragloss Aquawax and XMT 360 Spray Wax.

PA DETAILER
06-14-2012, 06:11 AM
DURAGLOSS aqua wax.

snowking724
06-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Carpro Reload, spray sealant but it's the best wet applied protection I've used. Not dillutable but you use so little I think it would be worth it.

Mc'lovin
06-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned Optimum Car Wax so far....?

Paulnow
06-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the Duragloss Aquwash recommendation everyone, but I just read the product description and it mentioned 'buffing' it off a couple of times?

So after washing which of the following should you do it in a production wash situation:

1. Spray this on and leave it to dry
2. Spray it on then rinse it off
3. Spray it on then buff it off

Obviously in a production situation it needs to be as easy and quick as possible.

HellDemon
06-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Aquawax doesn't meet ALL your criteria. It can't necessarily be rinsed off or blown off without leaving marks, or at least not to my knowledge, but it can be applied to a wet surface, and can be removed in a towel drying process. It is one of the cheapest spray waxes out there, but it can't be diluted.

the only one that meets ALL your criteria would be permanon. it can be applied wet, and it can be blown off as well without any marks. It isn't as cheap as aquawax but it comes as a concentrate in the first place, so it can be really diluted.
Also, permanon has the same kind of self cleaning ability that cquartz, reload, and opti coat have, do it beads and sheets water better than aquawax as well.

BobbyG
06-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Caution: Due to the aggressive nature of the detergents used in production car washes, most sealants and waxes will be stripped off.

To the best of my knowledge none of the spray waxes can be diluted...

Optimum Spray Car Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)
Duragloss Aquawax (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html)
Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360-spray-wax.html)

All three are easy to use and provide an outstanding shine. Spray on, wipe off, then buff to an outstanding gloss.

JJH2329
06-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Duragloss Aquawax works very well and I have found holds up well after applied.

TimmyG
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Optimum or Duragloss. Buy a gallon of either and you will have protection for quite some time.

kimtt
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
It is a semi automatic wash process, car is washed before entering machine, the machine will move and gives twice powerful rinse to car body, spray liquid wax to provide hydrophobic effect on the wet surface and then blown with powerful fan to get about 80% dry.

So to provide the spray wax service, it has to be done in between the two powerful rinse, meaning once the car is in the machine, the machine will be manually halted after the first rinse, then apply the wax, then resume the operation of the machine, the car will get the second rinse and the following process. So there is no buffing process.

The wax needs to be able to rinsed off the car body, no buffing.