Chemical guys xxx hard core paste wax dust magnet??

Sorry on my phone hit post on accident. Ive used this wax a few times and love it but it seems to pick up dust like a swiffer. Any one else had this problem and how can I stop it.
Thank

Chad@Divine Details

I never used CG XXX but try FK 425 afterwards. Its anti-static properties will help.
I don't know if it is available in the States, but Naviwax doesn't have that problem.
Dust is one of the reasons I am more of a sealant guy.

Have been wanting to try xxx. Maybe try CG speed wipe as its also anti static and works great. Or even use V7 as a final wipe down

On the topic of waxes it's not really the wax that is a dust magnet but the oils and other additives that initially attract the dust.

Try washing the vehicle a day after you apply the wax. This will help to removes the oils that attract the dust and leave the carnuba protection to do it thing. This is something I learned from Dr. Nuba. And it works very well.

It's not a dust magnet for me, and it is very dusty in the Philippines. When I used XXX to top EZ Creme it seemed that this combo did not attract much dust.

I worked on a mini cooper today and I used DP poli coat and topped it with CG XXX. IMO the wax was really hard from the bottle and it was really hard to remove right after I finished applying it to the whole car. I don't know if it was me or the product. FYI, I did the finger swipe test as well, and boy that wax cured FAST.

I worked on a mini cooper today and I used DP poli coat and topped it with CG XXX. IMO the wax was really hard from the bottle and it was really hard to remove right after I finished applying it to the whole car. I don't know if it was me or the product. FYI, I did the finger swipe test as well, and boy that wax cured FAST.

I topped d151 with xxx friday and I thought removal was a breeze. I put it on very light by hand.

I topped d151 with xxx friday and I thought removal was a breeze. I put it on very light by hand.

Very easy removal for me too and there was hardly any residue on the microfober towel.

Thanx for the input I'm going to try the cg speed wipe and see how that works for keeping the dust at bay.

Back