PDA

View Full Version : Swirl removing question on black cars !!!

Webb
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Okay I have a black Acura to do (Family member) tons of swirls and light scratches.This is what I have now.

Poorboys SSR I & SSR II

CCS Yellow & Orange pads

So should I start with the less abrasive pad and SSR II or start with the stronger pad and the SSR I ?

Thanks

RoadRageDetail
06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Try the least aggressive method and if it doesn't work, step it up a notch :)

Bill1234
06-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I would do the same, and start with something light like ultimte compound or what your using and a section pass with moderate pressure. If the swirls are not removed, step it up to something heavier

primo spaghetti
06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Try the least aggressive method and if it doesn't work, step it up a notch :)

:iagree:

while the poorboys generally have good products, you might want to go with something like megs/wolfgang/menzerna for a polish/swirl remover.

while i fell victim to Klasse AIO as being a good all around product, i found it didn't have the bite on an orange pad for some minor swirls on a BMW...for me, next time i would try the duragloss 105/501 or menzerna PO203.

Ive always had luck on any kinda clear (soft/hard) with wolfgang. :dblthumb2:

truckbutt
06-19-2012, 07:22 PM
On a DA I take a test spot and I start with M205 on a Finishing pad ->Polishing Pad->Light Cutting Pad. If that progression doesn't work->M105 on a Polishing Pad->Light Cutting Pad->Surbuff Pad.

Webb
06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys yeah I don't have anything else but those PB.I will see what I can do.

Rsurfer
06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
UC is by no means light.
I would do the same, and start with something light like ultimte compound or what your using and a section pass with moderate pressure. If the swirls are not removed, step it up to something heavier

Infiniti
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM

SSR 2 is rated as a medium polish (4/10) same as M205 and Ultimate Compound is rated as a agressive polish (8/10)

Bren Murray
06-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Gang!!! I have just opened my bike detailing shop in Jamestown, LA. I own two gorgeous black Harleys. I am good on everything but swirl marks. I can make them not as noticeable but, I have a custom bike coming that is covered in marks. This bike's paint job is totally cool and I do not want to screw it up. Any suggestions from a bike detailer would be so appreciated.