Best Way

BILL

Reaction score
After finish polishing auto, and then driving 60 miles round trip, then returning to garage and garaging auto overnight, and 24 hours later just before glazing, what would be best way to prepare for glaze......AIO entire auto?? or QD entire auto????

Last edited:
Bill...if the car is not dirty and caked on bugs...just QD the car with a cleaner type QD and finish it off...

if dirty with grit and grime..just a wash will do...if you got your polished look you like...why AIO before the Glaze if your paint is glaze ready

AL

why not just glaze after polishing?

either way, a QD will be a very good way, pending what your next step is (either a sealant and/or carnauba).

if you want to follow up with a sealant, then you need to make sure the glaze does NOT have any carnauba in it (I suggest WGs Finishing Glaze). With this particular line of attack, you'll be able to seal the glaze and not have to worry about it not adhereing.

If you want to go straight to a nuba, then pick the glaze of your choice.

Al-53 said:
Bill...if the car is not dirty and caked on bugs...just QD the car with a cleaner type QD and finish it off...

if dirty with grit and grime..just a wash will do...if you got your polished look you like...why AIO before the Glaze if your paint is glaze ready

AL

THANKS..... NO! The car will be have just a little road dust and in need of a little cleaning before the glaze....... i just thought the AIO would be just as easy almost as QDing...i just want it pristine before the glaze

cant glaze right after polishing because of time restraints and avaialibily of the car.......:o

bambo2888 said:
why not just glaze after polishing?

THATS MY DILEMA....TIME ,AVAILABILITY OF CAR, I NEED THE NEXT DAY TO FINISH, SO I FIGURE TO DO THE CLAY, AND THE PAINT CORRECTION ONE DAY AND FINISH THE NEXT.....

either way, a QD will be a very good way, pending what your next step is (either a sealant and/or carnauba).

BOTH.....W.G.D.G. AND L.S....

if you want to follow up with a sealant, then you need to make sure the glaze does NOT have any carnauba in it (I suggest WGs Finishing Glaze)

I'M PLANNING ON MENZERNA FINAL TOUCH GLAZE

. With this particular line of attack, you'll be able to seal the glaze and not have to worry about it not adhereing.

I'M SURE MENZERNA IS SAFE AS FAR AS BONDING ISSUES, I MAY HAVE TO RE-INVESTIGATE THOUGH;)

FOUND THIS: QUOTE
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze is a water-based emulsion of glycerin, mineral oils and Kaolin (China Clay). Wetting oils create the liquid, shimmer of fresh paint while Kaolin clays fill and mask minor swirls and imperfections. For me, it's both a time saver and a miracle worker.

If you want to go straight to a nuba, then pick the glaze of your choice.

THANKS.............:)

Last edited:
BILL said:
After finish polishing auto, and then driving 60 miles round trip, then returning to garage and garaging auto overnight, and 24 hours later just before glazing, what would be best way to prepare for glaze......AIO entire auto?? or QD entire auto????

Bill-You and I both know that after a 60 mile trip there is stuff on the car that will cause swirls if you do anything but re-wash.

BlackCoupe said:
Bill-You and I both know that after a 60 mile trip there is stuff on the car that will cause swirls if you do anything but re-wash.

GOTCHA........;)

I am a believer in re-washing anytime you have the car out in traffic..ie...public roads with other cars exhaust debis.

Back