What do you guys charge?

Jmoran

Reaction score
What do you guys charge for a 3 step process and an AIO process?

Plenty of topics on this subject so im sure you could find more info that way. As far as for a 3 step process I would charge a base rate of $20/hour and then go from there. I dont use AIO products but rather use a medium cut polish with a sealant afterwards and in that case I charge anywhere from $125 for a compact car to $210 for a SUV. In a perfect world I would charge more but my market seems to not like high prices.

I would never need a 3 step process usually. But I do charge $20 per hour for paint correction. For an AIO process I charge $75 for compacts and it goes up to $100 for large trucks and SUV's. My prices are definitely lower than most detailers charge, but it is what works for me and isn't over priced compared to the other detail shops in my area.

Are those the prices for just the paint or does it include other things such as wheels being cleaned and trim restored?

Are those the prices for just the paint or does it include other things such as wheels being cleaned and trim restored?

Mine includes a body and wheels wash with trim dressed and sealed along with clay and paint correction.

Plenty of topics on this subject so im sure you could find more info that way. As far as for a 3 step process I would charge a base rate of $20/hour and then go from there. I dont use AIO products but rather use a medium cut polish with a sealant afterwards and in that case I charge anywhere from $125 for a compact car to $210 for a SUV. In a perfect world I would charge more but my market seems to not like high prices.

Rhetoric, i've been experimenting with an AIO topped w/ DP max Wax.... mind if i ask what type of medium cut polish u are using? what pad and how well does it finish down as well as your lsp?? (i'm fairly new by the way)

Both packages include washing of the body, wheels and tires cleaned, paint clayed, windows cleaned, trim and tires dressed. The basics.

If I'm doing a full detail with an AIO process I use Meg's reconditoining cream with an orange LC pad. Depending on the condition and hardness of the paint I use either rotary or dual action. I've been charging $145 for this package. I've been staying booked 1-2 weeks out working 5-6 days a week and doing 1-3 cars per day. I just raised my prices to $175 on my website. I'm hoping that I'll get slightly nicer and easier cars and stay booked. We'll see what happens. I never do a full detail with a 3 step process for less than $200. It's just to much work for less than that.

Rhetoric, i've been experimenting with an AIO topped w/ DP max Wax.... mind if i ask what type of medium cut polish u are using? what pad and how well does it finish down as well as your lsp?? (i'm fairly new by the way)

Ive currently been using M205 with a white pad with good results on most vehicles. Im experimenting with Optimum Hyper Polish at the moment and we'll see if that cuts a little better and gives a better look. As long as I dont use anything with more cut than a white LC pad then you shouldnt have any marring left behind on anything but the softest paints (clean your pads often though).

Ive currently been using M205 with a white pad with good results on most vehicles. Im experimenting with Optimum Hyper Polish at the moment and we'll see if that cuts a little better and gives a better look. As long as I dont use anything with more cut than a white LC pad then you shouldnt have any marring left behind on anything but the softest paints (clean your pads often though).

Thanks, may have to experiment w/ some other product myself!

I only do full details,one per day taking as long as it takes,one step polish then sealant is 175 for cars,250 for trucks. Paint correction or fixing the work of others ,starts at 400. I have a number of regulars but do a lot of referral work for dealers to make customers happy,I generally sta booked a year in advanced. This has been for 12 years

How much would you guys charge for a...

-Wash
-Clay
-Sealant
-Trim
-Tire dressing

Take a peak at my website it my help give you some guidance. My Express detail is by far my most popular service. If someone wants a 2 step detail (polish then wax) I can usually get them for an Extra $50-$75 depending on what the vehicle is. A question like how much do you charge is way to broad. Some of the guys on here that own business have a link to to their websites. I think the info your seeking can be found by checking out as many detailers websites as possible. I don't do any 3 step details to time consuming. I refer them to other guys in the area that like doing paint correction.

How much would you guys charge for a...

-Wash
-Clay
-Sealant
-Trim
-Tire dressing

I'm a weekend warrior. But a general rule of business is to know your competition. Check local detail companies and set your prices accordingly.

Back