My first order from AG!

Chase.Barnett

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I'm planning on placing my first order from AG here in the next day or so. Basically, I'm buying a PC and some other goodies to pamper my Civic Si with. I had posted over in Mike's part of the forum and received some great advice from him.. Thanks Mike!! Im the MAN

The Si will be getting polished to knock out the swirls and some scratches that it has received since I purchased it off of the show room floor in 09. While I'm at it, the wheel and interior will be getting tackled.

Here's everything I have selected.

PC and the Wolfgang Swirl Kit.
Wolfgang Porter Cable 7424 Swirl-Free Kit

DP Autobath/Guzzler/Sheepskin Washpad (Seems to be a great value, and I'll be starting with a clean washpad and drying towel!)
Detailer's Pro Series Wash & Dry Combo, car washing kit, Detailer's Pro Series Auto Bath Shampoo

APC to clean wheels/tires/engine.
Eco Touch All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz.

Wheel Wax/Sealant... I've come to the conclusion that it's a no-no to use Simple Green for wheels. :nomore:
Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant: Protective sealant that improves & maintains the appearance of wheels. wheel protection, poorboys wheel wax

Interior Cleaning
Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner, Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner, Multi-surface cleaner, Griots Garage

Tires and Trim Dressing
Detailer’s Pro Series Trim Detailer, exterior trim spray, black plastic trim spray, molding spray

Collinite 845 to top off the car
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax

Collinite will be applied with an addition CCS Blue pad.

How does all that look to get started with? Feed back please

You might want to get the 5.5" pads. I have the PC 7336 and used the 6.5" pads for several years, after doing some reading on AG I ordered the 5.5" flat pads and they do a better job, hard to get them to stop turning.

You might want to get the 5.5" pads. I have the PC 7336 and used the 6.5" pads for several years, after doing some reading on AG I ordered the 5.5" flat pads and they do a better job, hard to get them to stop turning.

Thanks for the advice! I'll probably pick up the 5.5" pads when I replace the 6.5 pads that are coming in the kit I selected. Unless I can swap the the 6.5" for the 5.5"?

If you do go with the 5.5s, you will need a 5" backing plate also.

You might also consider a QD/WW to use as a drying aid. UWW+ is an excellent choice.

Assume you have a glass cleaner you already like.

It looks pretty good and you'll be quite satisfied with the products on your list. :props:

The Porter Cable / Wolfgang kit comes with some great products including Wolfgang's Sealant. Since it also includes Lake Country's 5" backing plate you're all set to use the 5 1/2" diameter pads which are highly recommended.

For tire and trim dressing as of late I've been using CarPro PERL. This is a superb product that's diluted with water. I've found that it leaves a gorgeous satin finish on rubber, vinyl, and plastics. Because it's diluted before use it's very economical to use.

Before

Products_Tests_01.JPG

Products_Tests_02.JPG

After

Products_Tests_06.JPG

Products_Tests_07.JPG

If I were to add anything to your list it would be:

Paint Clay
Cobra's Waffle Weave glass towels.
Meguiar's Glass Cleaner

IMO I feel you're better off doing an a la carte for the PC and the accessories. Get everything separate including the pads. The pads that come with they kit you're looking at are just way too big IMO. I'm sure others will agree. Pick up the PC, the Wolfgang DUO, and then get you some 5.5" Lake Country Flat pads. Get you a good variety of them too and enough to switch them out often. To each is own though. I just feel you'll get a better value and better use for your money. I'd add what Bobby said to add as well. Skip the wheel sealant and do what snowking said. I've pretty much given up on wheel sealants because I still use OPC....oooooo...pick up some OPC too!!!

What ever kit you order, if you call AG they will probably swap you over to 5" BP and 5.5" pads

Definitely get the 5.5 pads. I just got into detailing my car in february. I used the PCXP with the Wolfgang duo and the 6.5 pads. It took what felt like forever. The pads didn't like to spin with any pressure. I did get EXCELLENT results with the wolfgang products, and I had zero experience prior to February.

Fast forward to now, I ordered some 5.5 lake country hydro tech pads. Wanted to touch up some areas that I wasn't happy with after my first shot. Much more user friendly. The pads keep spinning and I can get the job done faster. Only my second time using the machine and I can't find a swirl or light scratch anywhere.

Good luck

One other thing. If your ordering this week, or split your order up, might want to swap your interior products for pinnacle or Wolfgang. 20% off sale!!

+1 for not ordering the Wolfgang kit, and ordering 5.5" pads separate. I was like you, and wanted to find an "all-in-one" package so I knew the products would work together. But after ordering the XMT kit with 6.5" pads, I will now be going back to order 5.5" pads - plus you can get a 6 pack for fairly cheap. That way you can switch out pads half way through.

^ take your time and do your research. When I first got into this addiction I found myself wanting everything in the entire AG stock. And...I will have to say I have learned my lesson on getting things I don't need. Take your time!!! You and your wallet will be thankful in the end.

^ take your time and do your research. When I first got into this addiction I found myself wanting everything in the entire AG stock.

Do you mean I am NOT supposed to have everything that AG sells? ;)

hahahah I ain't say that...get the right pruducts and supplies first...then start blowin money LOL!!!

For interior cleaning I would go with 1z Cockpit Premium and skip the wheel sealant. For the polisher I would go ahead and get the Griots Garage polisher it is a better polisher. Also look into Meguiars Apc or Optimum Power Clean.

Thanks for the replies guys! It looks like I'll try and swap out for the 5.5 pads.

Also, my windshield wiper cowling is faded. Must have something to do with the brutal summers we deal with here in Houston... What would you guys recommend bringing it back to life? That I was planning the DP for.

Also, I was planning on adding some towels before the order was placed. Thanks for the advice about the 845 on the wheels! That just saved me an additional $20.

I'll price everything a la carte. I'm curious to know what I'm saving, if any?

Have been really happy with Wolfgang ETS recently. Clean really well with APC & IPA first.

Back