PDA

View Full Version : BMW Frozen Paint

Rei86
07-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this and if isn't a mod can move it to the right section

I remember the last time I used to post normally people where talking about matte paint jobs and how too. Seasoned detailers chimed in and such but here you have it straight from the horses mouth. Good video too btw.

BMW Frozen Paint: Overview and Cleaning - DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fZUzvhhyGR8)

Don't know how to embed on this board...:(

bmwgalore
07-07-2012, 12:43 PM
So, basically what he's saying is: "If you want to fix a swirl or scratch, you'll have to send the car back to the "professionally trained" dealer to have it refinished"..

Totally working backwards. Stupid idea is stupid.

Ceramiclear is the same bad idea, a super tin coat that can't be polished out more than 3 or 4 times... This Frozen stuff can't be polished even once, you'll have to take it to the stealership and have some minimum wage boy hacking the heck out of your car...

Rei86
07-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah the only thing you're left is to just normally wash the car, if it gets screwed you'll have to take it to a body shop/BMW body shop...

I know swissvax has products for it but yeah...great looking color but damn its going to suck when you know you will get scratches.

IID
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't think this "Frozen Paint" would be for me.More often than none,swirls/scratch's are going to be induced somewhere along the line of vehicle ownership and for me not being able to correct the defects (myself) :nomore: