Do your MF towels lose plushness after machine wash?

Mc'lovin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I usually do all of my detailing accessories laundry by hand. However, when there's not enough time, I use my washing machine. The thing is that I feel that after I let them air-dry (in the shade, always), the MF towles are less plush than what they used to be.

I always follow the rules - Only microfiber towels in the machine (no other fabrics), no bleach and no fabric softner.

Does this happen to you as well or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I have found that letting my towels air dry make them not as soft. Using vinegar as a final rinse really does help retain the towels softness.

Machine wash & machine dry always......still soft as new and some are well over five years old.

Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I don't no why your hand washing towels??? Add vinegar to the final rinse and machine dry and they will be fine. You may want to rinse twice. Sometimes I rinse 3 times. If you check the rinse cycle, once never gets all the soap out.

Machine wash and dry on medium heat. I don't no why your hand washing towels???
This, they come out like new every time using some sort of free and clear laundry detergent. I just tried a pre soak with oxi clean and also used it in the wash with older stained pads, they also came out like new. I wouldn't dry your pads in the machine though, just in case the velcro decides to delaminate.

If you guys use MF cleaners, do you need to still use vinegar? Cause I find my MF cleaner is fine; but if vinegar makes them even better then I'm gonna start using it

I use two of those blue fluffing balls when I dry all of my cloths and micro fibers. There was a huge and instant difference the first time I used them. Tennis balls might also work

I use two of those blue fluffing balls when I dry all of my cloths and micro fibers. There was a huge and instant difference the first time I used them.

Use them as well. :dblthumb2:

Machine wash & machine dry always......still soft as new and some are well over five years old.
I agree about machine dry. I dont have any issues, My towels come out fine. IMO the big variable in MF wash results is water quality. Mine is very soft.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I usually wash by hand because I only have a few towels to wash - so no need to let the machine work for just a few towels while the rest of the machine in almost completely empty. Same goes for a drying machine.

Regarding vinegar - where exactly do I place it before turning the machine on? Where I put the laundry detergent? Sorry, but I'm completely unfamiliar with this method.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I usually wash by hand because I only have a few towels to wash - so no need to let the machine work for just a few towels while the rest of the machine in almost completely empty. Same goes for a drying machine.

Regarding vinegar - where exactly do I place it before turning the machine on? Where I put the laundry detergent? Sorry, but I'm completely unfamiliar with this method.
I add mine to the fabric softener dispenser or just keep an eye on it and add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle.

I add mine to the fabric softener dispenser or just keep an eye on it and add 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle.

By "the rinse cycle" do you mean pour it inside on the towels when they are inside the machine before turning it on?

By "the rinse cycle" do you mean pour it inside on the towels when they are inside the machine before turning it on?
No, if you do that it will be in with the soap, you need to add it after the machine first rinses the soap away.
Add it to rinse, most of the time I just put it in the fabric softener dispenser that makes it easy.

No, if you do that it will be in with the soap, you need to add it after the machine first rinses the soap away.
Add it to rinse, most of the time I just put it in the fabric softener dispenser that makes it easy.

Thanks!

So half a cup of vinegar to the softener dispenser, I'll try that some time. Are you sure this is safe for the machine? Is this ordinary vinegar you pick up at the super market?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really have no idea.

Thanks!

So half a cup of vinegar to the softener dispenser, I'll try that some time. Are you sure this is safe for the machine? Is this ordinary vinegar you pick up at the super market?

I use regular white vinegar, I'm I sure? Well I've been doing it with absolutly no issues ...... Others do the same, never heard any issues but I'm no washing machine tech so your guess is as good as mine!

Vinegar is safe for anything, man, beast or machine. I let the complete wash finish, including rinse and spin dry. Then I return the dial to rinse and it fills up the tub with water and starts only that cycle. You can put your white vinegar in at that point and get the extra rinse. If you use fabric softener sheets such as "Bounce" in the dryer for your normal laundry (as I do) you should not dry your microfiber towels in that dryer. You should hang them out to dry on the clothesline. Even if you don't put the softener sheets in with the towels, you will still have it all built up in the tub of the dryer. It takes several drying cycles without fabric softener to get rid of it and even then, I'm not sure you will get it all (whatever "it" is). Whatever that stuff is they use in those sheets it ruins detailing towels because of the static.

Thanks!

Distilled white vinegar. And I use a lot of it with no bad effects. My
Towels do smell like vinegar a little.

Back