PDA

View Full Version : Blew out a pad today

scooterguitar
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Wow, cleaning up and the thing flew apart, but it's around 5 years old :>)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/scooterguitar/b106e3e5.jpg

aerogt01
07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
It's an Edge pad... There's your problem! Heh.

statusdetailing
07-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Dang, at least it didn't fly apart and damage the paint!

scooterguitar
07-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Ha, yep on both your replies! Lucky indeed!
I know they are a consumable item and I've had these for maybe 5 years I'm guessing. Not complaining, just figured a few might get a kick out the picture. So ready for some new pads! I'm thinking Hydro low profiles.

BillE
07-11-2012, 08:01 AM
To quote Junior Samples, "Dun blowed up real good."

5 years, it had a good life. RIP.

Bill

Setec Astronomy
07-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Funny how you never seem to hear much about Edge pads anymore. There seemed to be a lot of availability problems after 3M bought them, but they all seem to be in stock now. I'm presuming someone uses them, otherwise 3M wouldn't have bothered buying them (I'm sure 3M was mostly interested in the adapter and it's use with wool pads for compounding in the body shop market).

I'm guessing part of the "bubble" with the Edge pads back 6 or 7 years ago was that the velcro was so bad on competing pads back then, I'm guessing the much better velcro systems we seem to have now removed a lot of the impetus for people to use the Edge system. The other big market for the Edge pads looked like it was going to be for Cyclos, since they had that crazy roll-on velcro cover thing, but then they got backing plate religion. I have to admit I never got around to trying the Edge pads I bought, maybe someday.