Optimum Duo : How does it rate?

Largebore

Reaction score
I hear many many good things about Optimum products, but not so much about their polishes... Has anyone used the combtination of Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Hyper Polish?

If so, how would you compare it to Menz products or even the Wolfgang Duo?

The polishes seem to be made for rotaries and I did not see any recomendations for the type of DA foam pads to use. Thoughts on that ?

I know they aren't the exact products you asked for, but I will say the hyper compound and the new formula hyper polish are both sweet. The old formula hyper polish on some paint systems left tic marks sometimes, but haven't noticed that with the new stuff.

What ever happened to the spray version of the finish polish that was supposed to be coming out?

I'd love to try the spray polishes but I'm still working on my quart bottles of Hyper Compound, Compound, and Polish from what...2006?

What ever happened to the spray version of the finish polish that was supposed to be coming out?

I'd love to try the spray polishes but I'm still working on my quart bottles of Hyper Compound, Compound, and Polish from what...2006?

I have a bottle of the polish from 2007.. wonder if it is any good now

I have a bottle of the polish from 2007.. wonder if it is any good now

Eh, mine is the old solventy stuff, it will last forever. I have bottles of Meg's polishes from the 80's that are fine. It's this newer VOC compliant stuff that has a lot of water in it and/or the newer bottles that seems to be the problem.

I've used the Hyper Spray Polish on a black Camaro SS with a white LC pad and had what I think were fantastic results (the result from just using this was better than using the Meguiars Ultimate Polish and Meguiars 205.) I was super impressed. Wasn't impressed with the sprayer...just kinda came out of the nozzle like a stream of product about the consistency of any other polish. I didn't much care about that, though, because the result was so good.

This weekend I pulled the Hyper Spray Polish out again - same car...noticed that about halfway through the product stopped coming out like a cream and started coming out more like a liquid...and it worked nowhere near as well once that happened. I can only guess that I didn't shake it up enough when I first got it, the good stuff settled to the bottom, and when that all got used up I was outta luck. Problem is the bottle is over half full still.

I've used the Hyper Spray Polish on a black Camaro SS with a white LC pad and had what I think were fantastic results (the result from just using this was better than using the Meguiars Ultimate Polish and Meguiars 205.) I was super impressed. Wasn't impressed with the sprayer...just kinda came out of the nozzle like a stream of product about the consistency of any other polish. I didn't much care about that, though, because the result was so good.

This weekend I pulled the Hyper Spray Polish out again - same car...noticed that about halfway through the product stopped coming out like a cream and started coming out more like a liquid...and it worked nowhere near as well once that happened. I can only guess that I didn't shake it up enough when I first got it, the good stuff settled to the bottom, and when that all got used up I was outta luck. Problem is the bottle is over half full still.

Yep, you have to shake well before use and then a little between panels.

We did the GPS instead and tried to keep the Hyper system a two step process. You can just switch to a finishing pad with Hyper Polish if you need a third step or to jewel.

Back