PDA

View Full Version : new sevices list???

luv a shine
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
i just got a new detailing shop on my fathers self sevice car wash . i would like to put this on one of the doors in the front of the building.any more sugg.?

luv a shine

DA microfiber correction System
Rotary polishing/buffing
compounding
clay bar
swirl removal
hologram removal
light wet sanding 1500-5000 grit
Show/exotic finishing
waxing/sealing
foam canon
2 bucket method washing
3 step wheel cleaning systems
chrome polishing
iron X cleaning
opti-coat 2.0 permanent coatings
headlight restoration
220 F carpet shampooing(extraction)
Aqua-pel glass sealing
:props:

luv a shine
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Dump

Paul Mitchell
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
i just got a new detailing shop on my fathers self sevice car wash . i would like to put this on one of the doors in the front of the building.any more sugg.?

luv a shine

DA microfiber correction System
Rotary polishing/buffing
compounding
clay bar
swirl removal
hologram removal
light wet sanding 1500-5000 grit
Show/exotic finishing
waxing/sealing
foam canon
2 bucket method washing
3 step wheel cleaning systems
chrome polishing
iron X cleaning
opti-coat 2.0 permanent coatings
headlight restoration
220 F carpet shampooing(extraction)
Aqua-pel glass sealing
:props:

By no means am I a professional detailer as I only detail occasionally for friends and family. I think you should simplify the list and not expand it by adding additional items. Most people won't know what most of your services are as they just want a clean, detailed car. I believe the following should be taken off your list.
Compounding
Hologram removal (or add it to swirl/hologram removal)
Two bucket wash
Iron-X
Foam Cannon
Opti-Coat
The "3-step" part of wheel cleaning
The "220F" part of carpet shampooing
Just use polishing and buffing and leave out rotary and d/a

This will hopefully get people in the door without too much confusion then you can explain the different aspects of the detail and customize it to each customer. I like your enthusiasm and wish you luck!

Y2KSVT
07-12-2012, 10:29 PM
By no means am I a professional detailer as I only detail occasionally for friends and family. I think you should simplify the list and not expand it by adding additional items. Most people won't know what most of your services are as they just want a clean, detailed car. I believe the following should be taken off your list.
Compounding
Hologram removal (or add it to swirl/hologram removal)
Two bucket wash
Iron-X
Foam Cannon
Opti-Coat
The "3-step" part of wheel cleaning
The "220F" part of carpet shampooing
Just use polishing and buffing and leave out rotary and d/a

This will hopefully get people in the door without too much confusion then you can explain the different aspects of the detail and customize it to each customer. I like your enthusiasm and wish you luck!

I think Paul hit the nail on the head. I was going to say the exact same thing. Sometimes we need to step away from the online detailing forums and realize that there are way more non-Autogeeks than there are people like us. Just like ordering a steak at a restaurant, I want the menu to tell me the grade of meat I'm ordering and how it's being prepared, not necessarily where the cow was butchered, and what tools it took to do the job. If I want to know all that, I'll ask. :hungry:

dwlinc23
07-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Keep it simple. Too much wording. Put it in terms the lay person will understand.

Sent from my DROID3 using AG Online