PDA

View Full Version : Lsp?

dcdb24
07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok i am in the process of detailing my 07 silverado crew cab this weekend. So far washed, clayed and pinnnacle finishing polish. The paint looks really really good maybe a few rids here and there but mostly swirl and defect free. Its black. It is not show ready but as close as its gonna get again it is black and it is my dd. Anyway i have soveran for my topper but i also got some wgdps with my last order its a 2 oz sample bottle. I would like to use it for the durability. Use the soveran for the beauty. Basically is 2 oz enough to do the whole truck theres alot of paint. Im looking for something with durability to use before the soveran and have never used a sealant. Let me know what you think. Thanks d.

S2K
07-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Thin is In! That should be plenty but make sure you spread it Thin! I used to do my S2000 with less than 1/2 oz. I know it's small but probably still more than 1/4 of your truck.

rider9195
07-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Thin is In! That should be plenty but make sure you spread it Thin! I used to do my S2000 with less than 1/2 oz. I know it's small but probably still more than 1/4 of your truck.

:iagree:

Buckskincolt
07-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I have a chevy crew cab and it takes a little over an ounce to do. Spread very thing, if you have a DA polisher use a finish non cutting pad and spread it thin and you are all set.:dblthumb2:

hoyt66
07-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Ok i am in the process of detailing my 07 silverado crew cab this weekend. So far washed, clayed and pinnnacle finishing polish. The paint looks really really good maybe a few rids here and there but mostly swirl and defect free. Its black. It is not show ready but as close as its gonna get again it is black and it is my dd. Anyway i have soveran for my topper but i also got some wgdps with my last order its a 2 oz sample bottle. I would like to use it for the durability. Use the soveran for the beauty. Basically is 2 oz enough to do the whole truck theres alot of paint. Im looking for something with durability to use before the soveran and have never used a sealant. Let me know what you think. Thanks d.

It would be enough for at least a coat but probably not two. The principal I learned on

this site is to use 2 coats to assure full coverage. This is a solid product. Next order just

get a full bottle so you have enough for next time:dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
07-21-2012, 07:14 AM
It's enough if you work by hand. I have sample bottles of BFWD I used on my BMW M Roadster. It took about 3/4 ounce to do whole car.

PPLd
07-21-2012, 09:01 AM
I recommend 845, Menz Power Lock, BFWD, Sonus Paint Sealant or Megs M20 as ur base.
2 layers for even coverage.
topping with Souveran on a DD is a bit too much for me..