Where to Start?

scoot

Reaction score
I'm not a professional detailer. I have a motorcycle that is a mixture of black plastic body parts and a metal tank. Since it's black all the parts have small scratches and swirl marks. Hopefully there is a way to repair them, or at least make them a lot less noticeable. Where do I start? What products and steps should I use to repair them? I'm particularly partial to Meguiars products, but I'm open for anything at this point.

Talk to Sparkie, and search on here, couple guys do motorcycles and should be able to help you on how to polish them etc.

depending on the scratches start with a light polish like xmt1 or ssr1...hand application is the most realistic option on a motorcycle...the polishes will work on both metal and plastic painted parts...

I banged up a black motorscooter down in the Keys a couple years back. I didnt want to pay a high deductible for damage, so I stopped at the only autoparts store I could find. With one towel and some Megs ColorX I made the entire plastic shell look better than new. Likely hid alot of scratches also, but it worked. If you are looking for a great line of plastic polishes specifically search Novus polishes and look for #2 and #3.

As for the metal tank, and of your car polishes should work well. Then cover with wax or sealant of your choice.

Back