Newbie first time correction on my car

jminrod

Reaction score
I started watching videos on this site over 6 months ago. Started buy products about 3 months ago. I finally got what I needed the biggest thing was getting enough time on a weekend where no one would bug me. I did a 2 bucket wash, clay bar, then used the Megs micro fiber system, the last step was an eraser wipe down and a opti cote 2. This is my daily driver its a 2008 with 148,000 miles on it. When I was hand washing it I realized it was only the third time I had hand washed it. I have a some photo but am trying the video thing first, so hopefully the links below will work out. I also noticed that when uploading the video I never took a complete car before video but I did for the test spot hood and roof. This wasn't what I would call more than 80% correction but for the first time out I wanted to make sure it would look OK several days later before trying a deeper correction.
Please no laughing at the waste of tape and time taping. After the hood and one door I rewatched the megs video on the microfiber system and heard him mention there was no need to tape the car off because the product just wipes off. Should have rewatched before three rolls of tape and almost three hours, but that's part of learning I suppose.

UNPACKING/PRODUCTS
Products - YouTube

TEST SPOT BEFORE
Test Spot - YouTube

TEST SPOT CORRECTED
Test Spot Corrected - YouTube

ROOF BEFORE
Roof Before - YouTube

HALF ROOF CORRECTED
Half Roof after - YouTube

FULL CAR PRIOR TO OPTICOTE 2
Finshed Car before opti - YouTube

Great job!! Was this your first time machine polishing? If so, you did great. I think we all over did the taping our first time so no worries. Good job of capturing the before and afters as well.

Yes that was first time with a machine polisher. The only rookie mistake was leaving the hatch open after polishing it so I could get the bumper. It was raining prior as soon as I was done the bumper the rain stopped do I opened the garage door and it the hatch even further. That's
what the big scratch is in the last video just by the handle to open the hatch.

video.

I looked at the videos and it appears they look very shakey on youtube so I am uploading some pix
Unpackaged
Products3.jpg

Products Close up
ProductsLeft.jpg

Test Spot
TestSpot2_b4.jpg

Test Spot After
Testspot2_after.jpg

Roof before correction
Roof_b41.jpg

Roof 2 before correction
Roof2_b4.jpg

Roof (Half) corrected
Roof_after3.jpg

Roof (Full) Correction
Roof2_after.jpg

Hood before correction
Full_Hood_b4.jpg

Hood after
Hood_after4.jpg

Driver door handle (No After but cleaned up great)
DoorHandle_b4.jpg

Part of the over tape
Overtaped.jpg

Opticote Beeding picture. It rained three days after finishing

Yes that was first time with a machine polisher. The only rookie mistake was leaving the hatch open after polishing it so I could get the bumper. It was raining prior as soon as I was done the bumper the rain stopped do I opened the garage door and it the hatch even further. That's
what the big scratch is in the last video just by the handle to open the hatch.

video.

[SIZE=+2]OUCH!!!...[/SIZE] :nomore:

Good work. Thanks for the pics.

That looks great!! How did the opti coat application go??

If you would have asked me while I was doing it I would have told never purchase it. After it was done I cant say I see a real difference in shine as compared to the way it was after the 301 application. But this morning I realized some gas had leaked of the cap area from the last time I filled up and some bird droppings on the bumper both wiped right off with a mf towel I had in the back seat.
Some of the issues I ran into was the blue shop towel process. I would NOT recommend this. The shop towel seemed to fall apart and now my front bumper has fuzzies in it. I may need to re polish that area. My car has metal flake and is black so I really had a hard time telling where I put it. I ended up using 95% of the syringe on the car, I think I read somewhere that you should get three vehicles out of it. In all honesty I would have bought two because this was just for my car and I didn't want all of the polishing to go to waste. All in alll I love the outcome especially for myself I really don't have time to take care of my car the way I should have and this is making it easier so far.

Good to know. I have it sitting in the garage. I've been debating whether to use it or not...

Back