Auto Geek Pkg Arrived.............

331TwistedWedge

Reaction score
working on a 1995 mustang 5.0 (vibrant red) swirled beyond recognition ...

im going to show my newby status here, but i am beyond impressed with the Menzerna Power Gloss Compound (PG1000) and the yellow CCS foam pads!!!! ... wow what a combo!!!!!!!!!! (used with my cheap craftsman rotary)

i think i will follow that up with the menz po85rd and either the tangerine hydro-tech foam or the new orange ccs foam ... im still learning and have a bunch of new pads to play with .........

im so excited that i ran in the house just to post this ........... thanks for all of the advise and great threads for us newbies to read ...........

rick.

thanks guys, i will post some pics ... i will try to get one of those 50/50 shots that you pro's do, lol ...

i just realized that menz po85rd is a 7 on the cut chart, i had NO clue because of how nice it finishes out and pops ... being a newbie to this game, i have to say menz makes some bad @ss stuff ...

thanks guys, i will post some pics ... i will try to get one of those 50/50 shots that you pro's do, lol ...

i just realized that menz po85rd is a 7 on the cut chart, i had NO clue because of how nice it finishes out and pops ... being a newbie to this game, i have to say menz makes some bad @ss stuff ...

Huh? Which cut chart are you looking at? PO85RD/RE is at the bottom of Menzerna's cut charts. There's also Super Intensive Polish PO85RD 3.02 (which AG calls PO83Q), but that's an entirely different product.

Huh? Which cut chart are you looking at? PO85RD/RE is at the bottom of Menzerna's cut charts. There's also Super Intensive Polish PO85RD 3.02 (which AG calls PO83Q), but that's an entirely different product.

auto geeks cut chart has it at a 7, but its listed as po85rd 3.02, po85rd isnt on the list so that confused me ... somebody posted that po85rd is a 3.5, that post is on a menzerna thread from 7/26/12 .......

Here's a handy chart that might help a bit.....

MenzernaChart3.jpg

This is why as a new person I leaned towards meguires. not that they where better than some of the others but the ability to look on the package and see what number on a scale of 1-10 the polish is. I also went with the microfiber package 300 and 301 because of the video they did with Mike and used a car the same as mine and pushed that it was oem paint safe. It took some of the worrying out for newb.

thanks bobby g ... after digging into this 95 mustang i end up using the meguiars ultimate compound and the yellow ccs cutting pad, 1 pass was getting the swirls out about 80% ... im still following it with the menz po85rd and the orange ccs pad ... now i just need some sunshine to make sure im not leaving any holograms ...

the menz pg1000 power gloss is a 10 on that cutting scale i was using, its not cutting as well as the megs uc, it was taking me 3 passes to get it around 75-80% swirl free ...

thx everyone, im slowly learning ...........

Back