PDA

View Full Version : CeriGlass Success!

Darvetis
07-28-2012, 01:21 PM
A few days ago, decided to pull out my new bottle of Ceriglass, and polish up the '97 Toyota Rav4 windshield. Glass was covered with 1000's of light scratches, windshield wiper markings, and a film/ haze. No good.

In addition to the CeriGlass, I used Griott's Garage 6" glass polishing pads and a Snap On rotary. Never used a rotary before in my life, was a bit nervous, didn't want to screw anything up and create more damage. Read a few articles on rotary use and practiced for a few minutes on a small section of glass (passenger side).

CeeDogs CeriGlass product review/ tutorial/ advice proved invaluable; I kept the machine between 1000-1200 RPM's and made numerous back and forth/ up and down sweeps across sections of the glass. Had to spray water on glass more frequently than I thought, but perhaps this was due to the warm/ dry weather conditions that day.

A bit over 3 hours later I decided to end the procedure, my arms and shoulders were pretty sore at that point. After cleaning up glass to view results, I was amazed at difference, like night and day. Pics attached, two 'before' and one 'after'.

I am one happy camper! :awesome:

BobbyG
07-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I'd say we have a winner!! :dblthumb2:

A very nice job indeed!! :props:

rider9195
07-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Fantastic!

When used correctly Ceri Glass will remove some nasty glass imperfections. If you want even better clarity try using a polishing pad with it or even a regular paint polish.

CEE DOG
07-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Excellent job sir!! Thank you for taking the time and effort to post pictures for all of our benefit!

Rsurfer
07-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Very nice, but 3 hours with a rotary might be overdoing it. Did you inspect after a few passes?

Darvetis
07-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks all for the comments! So pleased I discovered the AG forum, never would have attempted a project like this on my own, since I wouldn't have had a clue on how to proceed.

Yes, I did inspect after 3 or 4 passes, and the light scratches were still there. As previously mentioned, I never used a rotary before; perhaps I wasn't using enough pressure? I lost track of how many passes I made, but there were quite a few, that's for sure.

A few times the machine did start to jump around on me and I started to lose control of it. Spraying water on the glass and taking my sweet time seemed to minimize that problem...

Lowejackson
07-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice work, it is a good product, perhaps a little too mild but on minor marks/scracthes it is a great product. I found it it did need a few sprays of water to keep it working even on a relatively cool day

Once again, great work :xyxthumbs: