PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Interior detailing

sullysnet
07-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I looked at all the threads and I didn't see what like this. I could also be in the wrong section and sorry if I am. I just bought a new car and it is my first leather interior. Does anyone recommend something that preserves my interior . I'd like to keep it that new looking and protect it but not use anything harsh or over glossy. I was looking at kits but I cannot decide between Griot's, Pinnacle, Wolfgang or others. I figure you fine people have the most experience.

thanks for any advice :xyxthumbs:

neat e34
07-31-2012, 02:32 AM
Welcome to AGO!

For protection of your leather, vinyl, etc you may want to look at things like 303 Aerospace Protectant, Optimum Protectant, Ultima Interior Guard Plus...

Then you will probably need or want a cleaner, annnd, then you're hooked & the list goes on......

sullysnet
07-31-2012, 08:37 PM
thanks, that is what I am afraid of LOL I am already hooked from my last car but with this new car I want to do it right. Plus having leather now it is completely different.

marky3320
07-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!!! I just became a newbie after I got a new car myself. I want to take care of this daily driver correctly, and I am already getting hooked, and I am not halfway done in getting my supplies.:pc7424:

darkangelism
08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Then you will probably need or want a cleaner, annnd, then you're hooked & the list goes on......

This is very true, I went from looking for a better way to wash my car after seeing an old 2 bucket wash video from mike phillips and have now bought a GG6 and spent about $200 on products, and I just tallied up my wish list and have over $400 in products to try.

The other thing is I look at unwashed cars and want to fix their paint

beantown
08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
OP - Sonax Leather Foam works as a great AIO.

Sent via Tapatalk

RZJZA80
08-01-2012, 03:05 PM
With coated leather, all you really need is a damp MF towel and wipe it down, you can use an APC to clean it if it's really dirty, but wipe it down with the damp MF after that. It's debatable if leather protectants really do anything since they are sitting on the coating and not the actual leather, but keeping leather hydrated is the best way to keeping it looking new.

master detailer
08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Wolfgang

RhetoricMixes
08-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Wolfgang

I agree :xyxthumbs: . Both the wolfgang leather cleaner and conditioner are wonderful to work with.