PDA

View Full Version : XMT 180 Over 360

galaxy
08-12-2012, 09:54 AM
So how's this recipe sound?? Gonna try 360 topped with a coat or two of 180! But, my reason for posting is just looking for moral support to back my logic on using the 360. My finish is about as perfect as it's going to get. I finish up about once a year with 205, which give me a finish that I'm more than thrilled about. But I like to top things off throughout the year when needed or when I'm in the mood.

I was thinking due to the cleaning (and mild correction) of the 360, it may be a good product to use throughout the year to touch up the very light marks you get from a normal washing routine. Plus, I like the idea that the 360 also has sealant qualities; which is probably the main two reasons I'm thinking about using it. You guys feel the 360 is a good choice, even on a finish that's darn near not needing any correction at all??

180 is my current favorite wax, so I figured keeping it in the family can't be an idea. Any thoughts or inputs on topping the 360 with the 180? Thanks guys!

mwoolfso
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
The combination will work just fine. With 2-3 months durability for XMT 180 you should consider a nice spray wax. XMT 360 Spray Wax is on BOGO this week.

I would also recommend Optimum Car Wax. You would get 3-5 months with OCW quite nicely.

cleanmycorolla
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM
The xmt 540 combo is one of my favs! I easily see 4 months out of the combo in the really hot summer here in Los Angeles....in fact I have this on my father in laws car now, this combo was done in May, and it is still holdin up great when I saw his truck yesterday

galaxy
08-12-2012, 08:55 PM
I use the XMT car wash; love it. I tried the 360 spray wax and still have some out in the cabinet. I really like the finish, but believe it or not, Mother's is my go-to spray wax. I have found for me, the 360 is gone with the next wash where as the Mother's I can get a solid two maybe three washings before I start to notice a difference in the water beading qualities. Besides, I enjoy throwing on another coat often enough that a spray wax is more of a 'mood' thing for me than a maintenance thing. If I ever go over 4 months on the wax, it's probably because I've been traveling for work and the vehicles are parked in the garage anyways. So far, I've had really good luck with the durability of 180, even after throwing on a coat here and there with no real major surface prep.